Q.

Is Quality Management System (QMS) in corporate becoming a mere ritual with quality limited to records and documents? Your views?

Asked by Good Citizen, 09 Jul '10 02:43 pm

1.

1)It is not supposed to be if at all that particular company is serious about its business.
2)If at all QMS becomes a ritual that particular company may lose out to the better competitor in the long run. We are living in a competitive world and definitely India is less competitive compared to even small countries / regions like Singapore, HK, Korea, China and Japan.
3)One of the probable reasons for the complacency as far as QMS is concerned, may be due to the false assumption of assured market. But the situation may change all of a sudden to the detriment of that complacent company by the entry of new and more innovative players in the market. We have seen that happening in India. It happened to HMT watches, ITI telephones, Premier Padmini (Fiat) cars, Ambassador cars of Hindustan Motors, Bajaj scooters, Java bikes and so many others. Quality still counts in India.
Answered by Tony Fernandez, 09 Jul '10 03:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Very true , QMS , ISO , TQM are mostly are in paper today , not in spirit . The only thing which is still of real value is KAIZEN . Even 6 sigma approach are discarded by many companies . Quality is no longer a customer delight , it's now fitness for use for the obvious reason that customers are not willing to pay for the delight . So most of the companies are comprising on quality by cutting the corners to make maximum profit .

Good or bad , I am not competent to comment but I was reading a nice article on Warren Buffet ...

A writer was commenting on how Warren Buffett was a
> principled man, and that
> his values translated in business success. What struck me
> was Buffett's
> adaptation of Einstein's equation for the theory of
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 09 Jul '10 03:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Yes, Even I S O certification is confined to records and documents and bribing the Auditors would get a Quality certificate stamp in practice . It is true every man has a prize and these Q M S are empty formalities in many corporates here
Answered by venkatesaldevarajan, 09 Jul '10 03:00 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

You are absolutely right. These are fundas of Senior Management to impress top brass that they are bringing into system new things.
Answered by uv dabholkar, 09 Jul '10 02:57 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by Kunaal Saigal