Q.

What wud u do if Taliban enters yr city just like the Nazis marched into occupied Czekoslavia, Poland, France or Russia. Will u put up a fight on the street alongside our army & paramilitary OR flee the city with family to a safer remote place ? HONEST answers pls..
Cocktail Raj

Asked by Cocktail, 01 May '09 05:42 pm

1.

Dear Raj I am a civilians. I was not taught to fight because it was never expected of me to fight. I was not even allowed to possess a Gun and I never applied for a license because I knew I will never have to use one. I also hitherto believed that those who live with the sword die by the sword and those who live by the Gun die with the Gun. If Taliban enters my city I would worry about the safety of my family and children. I know I will never be able to stand up against them. I will let the military and paramilitary do the fighting and I would run away to a safer and remote place. Fighting back would bring our end sooner than earlier.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 02 May '09 08:00 am

(3)
 (0)
2.

Cocktail to tell you the truth i'll run away to Hardwar.. why get flogged and killed. I won't be able to live unde ra Taliba regime.. but why allow the Taliban in ???? We should have been careful while voting...and not allowed such a party to come to power that will leave the borders open. ...
Answered by joyoti sen, 01 May '09 09:07 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Frankly speaking we are helpless in a such situation as they possess most dangerous and powerful armed weaponry and find any suitable solution how to flee away from the scene with our family. Only our strong armed forces and military can retaliate them effectively to chase them from our soil.
Answered by Joseph Chacko, 01 May '09 06:36 pm

(3)
 (0)

4.

Looks like this Qn. is coming after a couple of strong cocktails, bringing in nightmares of gun toting Talibanites running all over the city, swarming in large numbers in the same way as the Locusts invaded Egypt in and around 16th Century BC. Drenching in sweat, Cocktail wakes up from this nightmarish scenario, for a second succumbing to this illusionary image and considering the possibility of the reality of such an event, if ever God forbid takes place. Hypothetical the question may appear but nothing in this world can be ruled out. Ask the Iranians before the deluge took place with the Ayotollah's extreme interpretation and execution of the religious edicts. Iranians like the Iraqis were the most modern society in the Arab world in the 1970s who kept religion to the private domain (enforced by the then rulers who understood the extreme band of mullahs with their archaic fanaticism). The Iranians never imagined that their world would be shattered one day in January 1979. The ease wi ...more
Answered by Omega, 01 May '09 07:55 pm

(8)
 (3)
5.

I will fite...but in a different way...will support my family n neighbours arranging fund n provisions for them...i hav to look after my ailing father as he cant be moved u know...so i hav to stay put n fite..:).
i'll be like the " lady with the lamp" for the brave yet wary n wounded...soothing away their disoriented souls...battle-ragged hearts...tell them stories of valiant knights n leaders n how the place will be different once the war is won..:)
will put my girl gang to do day n nite nursing n helping the good doctors who dint run away n set up camps for nourishing the children...the desolate n frightend faces wud lite up the moment they see our grp...even the Talibanis will be afraid to even come closer to us...in fear of negativ publicity for hurting the girl scouts n nurses...:)

I gav u an honest answer...CR..:)
Answered by sumita ganguly, 01 May '09 10:37 pm

(8)
 (3)
6.

If it is honesty,which I need to exercise,then the truth is,I am just a non-entity,when the crisis like that is concerned,cause i am neither trained,nor aware ,how to conbat such situations...I sure would not show my back to the need of the hour,but would not be too sure,how I could contribute...I could try and safeguard the children and the senior citizens,take them to safer place,make sure they dont fall victim to the brutalities and monsterities...if I try and visualise my contribution ... this is the best way I could help...it would be foolish to act a martyr and face the gun,without a reason,a purpose.
Answered by shintsie, 01 May '09 07:53 pm

(5)
 (8)
7.

Honestly speaking I really do not know what I will do when I am faced with such a situation for real.The first option would be run away and take my family along to a safer place. But I will be filled with a guilty conscience too.Lets hope such a frightening situation never comes.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 01 May '09 05:55 pm

(6)
 (3)
8.

Honestly YES
As my husband is in Army.
I will join and support him :-)))
Answered by anupama kumar, 01 May '09 06:15 pm

(7)
 (0)
9.

Hi Raj, taking the pleasure of answering your question w/o your invitation :((

Have you seen the Rolland Emmerich movie The Patriot starring Mel Gibson?
Filmed in the backdrop of American war of indipendence. It has a dialogue which leaves weak souls like me thinking again and again before going with the notions: "I am a parent. I have not got the luxury of principles."
Since you have asked for an honest answer, I am forced to say that my first priority would be to save my family from them in the most general an simple way (do not want to use the word fleeing). I do not know where my brave talks will go when I would see the scared faces of my brother, my siblings and my parents. My first duty would be to take them to a safe place and then do anything else. I will not mind fleeing in that case. My family is my first proirity, country is the second and I am not ashamed of what I am writing. Yahan jhooth bolne ki kya jarurat? :))

Answered by prashant sharma, 01 May '09 08:00 pm

(6)
 (2)
10.

Honest answer...send the family to remote place ...ensure their safety and then returun to fight....ensuring family's safety comes first for me because i am responsible for them and i wudnt be able to put my full efforts in protecting my country in any which way if my mind is with my family.
Answered by sumitha, 01 May '09 07:46 pm

(6)
 (2)