Q.

I want to make a career in HR, I am in TY, but all I am getting is job offers for recruitment. This is my first job, if I take. Should I take it up?

Asked by jasmine merchant, 12 Aug '08 10:11 am

1.

Recruitment is one of the most important and "visible" areas of HR. Though you may not like your first job, it can give you exposure and understanding of how the industry works. Find out if you can get flexibility, considering it is the final year(TY) for you.
Answered by arunraj vs, 12 Aug '08 10:12 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

HI Jasmine,

At the ouset let me tell you it depends if you want to make a career in HR. the offers you might be getting right now would be from Recruitment COnsulting companies who service the corporates in India for their talent acquisition requirements. Recruitments though a part of HR is like sales where results matter a lot for the company i.e. consulting & that is how they earn their revenue by billing to their clients. So if you are game for the pressure please take it up as you will get a hang of how various industries function. As opposed to if your getting an offer from a corporate you might take that up on priority as its a stepping stone into HR generalist function later on as you then get exposed to Business/Corporate HR.
Answered by Ranjit Shinde, 13 Aug '08 01:16 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

If u have enough money to study continue & not join
Answered by JAYANTILAL PATEL, 12 Aug '08 10:22 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

If you want to make a career in HR, recruitment is very much part of HR and hence, please do take it. While working, try to get to know the other aspects of HR and how it is implemented in that concern and widen your knowledge base. Later, you can show your experience both in recruitment and generalist HR and try for better jobs. Working in recruitment for 1 year will definitely help in your analytical perspective and do good only. All the very best.
Answered by M Shankar, 13 Aug '08 12:51 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.