Q.

D world is going hip, so why shouldn't we? Dat's probably why Corporate houses are focussing on creating attractive office interiors,injecting fun into work culture,doling our incentives,n adding spice to canteen menus.With d average age of urban India's work force dipping,n sum 30 sumthings making it to d CEO's cabin,companies r doing all dey can 2 attract d youth, revamp policies n up d overall image of d firm. We find why everyone wants to work in a "cool" organisation. M speaking from experience as I am also an HR (Head) in a Corporate Sector so I know where V r heading 4. Now ur vie

Asked by cyrus irani, 28 Aug '08 06:04 pm

1.

This innovation has worked elsewhere, so why not here ? In fact, people have now clearly understood what makes things work for the better. And this trend as you have mentioned is abasolutely cool ! Lets hope it catches on fast and percolates down to smaller organisations too! Things like trade union's going on strike for 'Better working conditions' would be things of the past !
Answered by Mister Singh, 28 Aug '08 06:10 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

You need to see the BA office designed by Reese-Jones w/a Swedish architect. Another good benchmark is Google- one of the few rare gems in post 90s India :)

In the office place, firstly, they NEED a common meeting place besides the canteen. Many corporate offices I have seen seem hip but still, there is a lot of departmental turf BS which we have to deal w/.

Having a social gathering area like a walkway and sort of encouraging INFORMAL interdepartmental contact is something MANY large firms fail to do , I dunno why.

And I back up your experience comrada.

Also the senior shotcallers and head honchos should create an idea for innovation, by jr staffers- and keep in mind that the QUANTITY of ideas- and NOT THE QUALITY- is what causes breakthrus.

Jrs like to be hip, true that, but a LOT of them want the driver's seat, rather than the rear passenger seat accomodation, if you get my meaning.....

Answered by A Moin, 28 Aug '08 10:07 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

True
Answered by bhaskara rao, 28 Aug '08 06:06 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Guru Purnima is a festival traditionally celebrated by Hindus and Buddhists.On this day, disciples offer puja (worship) or pay respect to their Guru ..more

Answered by sunder saini