Q.

MOVIES : Can you mention one performance by an actor(male/female) in the recent past,which made you feel like standing and applauding in the movie theater itself? What was so special about it? Can you share the experience in detail?

Tags: money, education, movies
Asked by shintsie, 25 Jan '10 09:31 am

1.

Although I didnt clapped in the theatre itself .... although I didnt stand and applauded at the very moment .... although that kinda scene (and especially by that man) had became too irritating for many .... although he was the actor (then) whom I disliked the most .... but King Khan, Mr. Shahrukh Khan, for the first time while watching any movie, made me weep .... for his performance in Kal Ho Naa Ho.

I wont be sharing it in detail because of some personal reason. Not feeling comfortable.

Some more brilliant performances come after it .... Shahrukh himself in Swades and Chak De India .... Kareena in Jab We Met .... Aamir in Rang De Basanti .... Rajeev Khandelwal in Aamir .... Mahie Gill in Dev D .... Naseeruddin Shah in A Wednesday .... Kajol in Fanaa (the first time I ever felt that someone can beat Aamir as a co-star)

And God knows where that kid Darsheel Safari is? .... (Taare Zameen Par)
Answered by Cartoon Network, 26 Jan '10 12:44 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

When ever I see the oldies of sivaji Ganesan in DVDs I simply wept. In particular His Pasa malar ( Tamil originalof Rakhi) with Savithri will move every one to tears. There sre so many such scenes in the movie.
Padikkatha Methai( Tamil original of Mehrban) sivaji and rengarao excel in histrionics
Recently Actor Surya is doing offbeat roles which are so close to heart.
His "Peralagan" "kakka kakka" "gajni" "Vaaranam Aayiram" are all great performances. Kamal Haasan in " Dasavatharam" and "anbe sivam" are also brilliant
Answered by Josna, 25 Jan '10 08:53 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

In recent past . . . . Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam ( if it qualifies in that category ).The auditorium scene in the end, when Aishwarya makes Salman know about his new found love and marriage with Ajay devgan. The scene which continuous with Salman saying " mein rotey hue bahut bura lagta hoon" and " ab mujhe iss tarah mat dekho, kahin mujhe tumse dubara pyar na ho jaaye " and then his dialogue with his Baba (father) and god. Excellent acting, emotions, expressions by every character in the scene, marvelous direction by Sanjay leela Bhansaali, memorable dialogues. A very touching scene indeed.
But honestly speaking, I never applauded for the scene at the theater or watching for the hundred times on my TV, I just forget I am watching a movie, it makes me so emotional every time.
Answered by rajender jerath, 29 Jan '10 04:42 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I was moved by the acting of jhon abraham in the movie "NEW YORK" where he was tortured,it was just fantastic,he acted so well hats off to him
Answered by staasha, 25 Jan '10 09:36 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

I liked Ranbir Kapoor's performance in all movies. It is one thing to act intense emotional scenes. But making simple scenes lively , natural and at the same time not to overacting, that is a natural actor.
Jimmy Shergil in wednesday - he had really transformed into the role of tough police officer.
Nana patekar in a scene in welcome where he is embarassed - I have heard of the phrase 'small face'. first time I have seen somebody's face becoming smaller.
another scene which is a bit old movie : tabu in climax scene of tamil movie 'Kandu Kondein kandu kondein'. Her character is crying for a silly reason. it is a cute scene. any other actress would have either cried intensely or looked silly. Tabu managed the right balance.
Answered by sangeetha, 26 Jan '10 12:04 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Dear since you have asked for the recent past, I would suggest you to just have a look at a Tamil Movie "Mozhi" - means Language - starring your Jo !!
then pls come and tell us abt it. In that she played a deaf and dumb roll !!
Pls check and tell me.
But there are a lot to pen here, but again you have asked for the recent past !!! So I stop here ....
Abt spl in that - I think just words cannt express it It is to be felt !!
Answered by Sundar Rajan, 25 Jan '10 09:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Yes Ma'am ! The performance of Sharman Joshi in 3 Idiots when he faces the interview board on a wheel chair after being recovered from coma following the suicidal attempt,& his bold confession really moved me. I counted that he must lose the job but to my utter astonishment when the interviewers called him back when he was about to quit the interview cell & offered him to discuss the expected salary it really shaken me as well.The Director Mr. R.K. Hirani conveyed a message to the aspirant job seekers that they should be straight forward but honest in their approach while they face an interview board & never resort to any short of blough or unnecessary submissiveness.There are Aamir khan R. Madhavan Boman Irani & many other big celebrities but the performance of Sharmon Joshi was really heart touching.
Answered by Pradipta pati, 25 Jan '10 02:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Amir Khan in Ghajni....though often the taj has been observed to be stolen either by Big-B (undoubtedly the best of century) or Sharukh Khan....but Amir khan is found to be the best natural actors amongs 4 khans ruling over bollywood....in the movie , he never allows us to feel the shortcoming wrt. his physical structure as compared to others, performing the impossibles looking like very simple and more importantly getting out from the said role successfully which at times we might think that somebody else would have done in a better manner as the story of the movie revolves around violences wid full of liberty .....thanks.
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 25 Jan '10 11:56 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

Hi Shintz, My choice is Vidya balan in Paa.A single mother, decison to give birth the child inspite the baby 's father Abhishek encourage her to go for abortion, a sportive approach of mother of progeria patient, the easyness , graceful feminity and natural motherhood exhibited so well, finding the pride in womanhood , a good example set before young women of today ....!!!
Answered by Rachana, 25 Jan '10 11:29 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Pyaar Impossible, agreed, the story is simple but it neither has the charm of a romantic tale nor the breeze of a comedy and hence boredom begins to creep in 20 to 25 minutes into the first half. It's not just the story that is at fault here, but the execution, which is absolutely amateurish. Barring a couple of scenes that manage to evoke some kind of emotion, the film is extremely sluggish and highly predictable. It's the pace that requires you to watch 'Pyaar impossible' with a lot of patience.. it unnecessarily drags along. But, Priyanka Chopra tops the rest. She looks stunning in every frame of the film, very natural and confident in her act soliciting open applause. Perhaps one of the only reasons to watch this flick. Uday Chopra passes off as a geek, he does well in a few scenes. Watch it for the gorgeous Priyanka Chopra...!
Answered by Dil Se, 25 Jan '10 10:59 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

It is reported that Darsheel Safary, Indias best child artiste is earning Rs. 10 lakhs per appearance. He has however been advised by his parents not ..more

Answered by arunraj vs