Q.

Chrisitans are doing so much social service to poor but why not other group all do this service than opposing the service in name of convertion

Asked by MIKE, 21 Oct '08 10:28 am

1.

Yah exactly what you are saying is correct. others should also do social work which is very much needed in our country
Answered by kalpana, 21 Oct '08 10:36 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

First off, I'd like to give a big appreciation to Christian Churches who venture forth to ungazetted areas to provide bare basic services to ppls who didn't officially even exist according to govt. But then again- the SPIRIT in which the aid is given leaves a LOT to be desired. For instance, in CSI (Church of South India) run schools, it is common practice to blatantly spit on local culture by FINING students for speking their own native tongues, in the context of teaching them English....if u cannot motivate kids to speak English w/o insulting your homeland and by threatening them w/ fines, you honestly don't deserve to teach. Also in many missionary run hospitals for example, the motto is "service to all destitudes without an agenda" but conversion & religion ALWAYS become agendas there. I remember going to St. John hospital in Bengaluru for treatment, was booked there in room for 2 weeks. Every day, I got a visit from a pastor recommending I switch my faith. At fi ...more
Answered by A Moin, 27 Oct '08 08:49 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Chrisitans are doing so much social service to poor but only after converting them to chrisitananity & are alwyays non secular. First stop conversion & become secular then ask these question. There are so many chrisitan countries where lot of poor peolples are residing in worst conditions than In INDIA they should go over there to serve them & if at all they have the guts they should spread there services in the ISLAMIC countries like Pakistan, Afganistan, Ghana etc.
Answered by MANOJ MASKERI, 21 Oct '08 11:40 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

Better everybody do help the poor .Instead of writing here u can go to some poor and help them MIke .Dont waste time
Answered by Vamshi Krishna, 21 Oct '08 10:37 am

(0)
 (0)