Q.

It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.----is it true ?

Asked by anantharaman, 09 Jun '09 01:57 am

1.

I have just opposite views ......... it takes much much less time & easier to rectify the mistake than to justify it
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 09 Jun '09 11:27 am

(1)
 (0)

2.

Nothing can be truer than this. It is a mix of lack of competence coupled with unreasonable expectation, and envy. Ego, self-centeredness, apathy towards equals or others, fear of going down in other\'s esteem, failure to bypass responsibility, intent of shedding own responsibility .......... so on are behind these.

But there is also a different side to it . When I am a spectator or judge, then, this attitude is quite logical. Suppose I am an art critic - I can have any feeling about the piece of work and the expression of that feeling may be criticism as you are telling. If I am watching Sachin or Yuvraj, it id not necessary that I will match them in competence.

Where your statement is absolutely correct is when something from me is expected as well. I will be a bitter critic of some one who may pose a threat to my stability or interest.
Answered by soumyen sarkar, 09 Jun '09 06:43 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

Very true. To correct something really need time and labour and not easy too.
Answered by peekay first, 10 Jun '09 06:43 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

It is true
Answered by radhakrishnan, 09 Jun '09 08:31 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

Feed your faith and doubt will starve to death. It is no crime not to be perfect.
Answered by Mrinalendra Banerjee, 09 Jun '09 08:13 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Yes! It is human tendency to be critical than be correct. We are forever searching for others faults with a telescopic lens and want others to look at our faults with a microscopic lens... why do all the glamour magazines flourish the reason is we want to just absorb all the juicy bits of gossip concerning the various film stars don\'t we also have those human failings but no we want to focus only on their faults and magnify them ....the Media thirves on washing the dirty linen of the top notch politicians ...infact the media has a field day only because of the the tantrums and weakness of our politiicians....you are absolutely right sir that it is easier to be critical than to be correct....THank U sir for a very intelligent question!
Answered by inquisitive, 09 Jun '09 03:58 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

Yes it is. it is easy to see others faults and not your own ! but there are some who love to be like this. they\'re not bothered about being correct.
Answered by nargis bhambi, 09 Jun '09 02:04 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Hi Anil,The second full moon to occur within a given month is called a Blue Moon.Other factors such as forest fires, volcanic eruptions, and plain old..more

Answered by Kelly Sharma