Q.

As we celebrate 60 years of freedom on August 15, I want to religiously ask my friends & colleagues in this forum whether have we gained anything worthwhile. R we still not dependant on somebody or the other countries in anything and everything?? I am asking to those Senior Citizensn this generation to tell me frankly your views whether prior to independence they were happy or whether this generation is happy with ongoing govt and their policies ?? Have we gained or lost many values in this?? Comment

Asked by cyrus irani, 10 Aug '07 03:07 pm

1.

I belong to a generation born in free India.

I have never know what it is to be ruled by another country and be their slave. My grandmother has told me how life was like under the British rule though and from what I have read in History books my opinion is:

"Thank YOU all for having sacrificed so much so that we your children have FREEDOM"

Its better to be ruled by your own crooks then be a slave to a benevolent manster.

I have freedom. I don't have to worry that tomorrow if I criticize my Govt I will be jailed.I don't have to worry that tomorrow to feed the millions in the ruler's country my children will have to go without grain.

My progress contributes to the GDP of my country and I do not have to worry that if its going to affect my master my right to production will be taken away.

Yes, in the global settings we are all dependent economically in some way or the other but it is not servitude.
God Bless Free India and all Indians.
Answered by EmM, 10 Aug '07 07:21 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

It is easy to always expect the grass to be greener on the oher sides. We are a complex country with myriad ethnic,religious and linguisitc mixes. A one for all policy does not work and will never fit for India. Add the size of our land mass and our burgeoning population. It is really very difficult. Climatic conditions in India are not the best as well. We are in the tropics and are heavily dependent on the monsoon for a robust economy. And we have achieved a lot more than we could think by maintaining our democratic values at the same time. Democracy with the coluors and hues of India does not exist anywhere in the world. We may have been dependent in the past but we are achieving self sufficiency in most areas. Yes there are pockets of mailaise and backwardness but there are many pockets of excellence as well. Yes we have a breeding cancer of corruption and malaise inside but we are still strong and sturdy. India has everything in itself as a country. It only lacks an appreciation f ...more
Answered by Saj Sierra, 11 Aug '07 05:03 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Most of us are very cynical when it comes to our achievenments.No doubt we could have achaved much more but that does not mean our acheavements are small.At the time of Independence our population was around 34 crores and the life expectancy was just 35 years!today our population is 110 crores and life expetancy is around 65 years!We were a net importer of milk and milk products today we are the largest producer of milk in the world.Half our population was starving then now it is less than 25% inspite of the huge increase in thier numbers.
Yes we failed to check the population growth otherwise our picture would have been much rosier.We hardly had any industry worth a mention then look today where we are.The world recognises our enormous effort but we do not!
Answered by harish babu, 10 Aug '07 10:59 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Actually we have not seen how this independence was earned
we don't remember how many sacrifices were given for it
we don't realsie its important,we take it for granted
our freedom fighters had a vision for free INDIA ,
but we have lost that vision,
although we have progressed in some senses but not as our great visinaries had wanted us to,we all are more worried about our rights than realising our duties
and all this is due to our weak politicians,actually we are responsible for it
bcoz these so called leaders are a part of our society itself.
so we have to change the system no superman or shaktiman wil come to save us
Answered by shashank sharma, 10 Aug '07 03:18 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

V hv gained what we could gained easily and lost what can not be regained so easily. u asked the question which i has written to post it. mere munh ki baat chhini hai aapne .......chor
Answered by ankit shivam, 10 Aug '07 03:10 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by sumit goyal