Q.

To get best results when should one use the oregano herb (dry) - while cooking the dish or just before removing it from the heat/fire

Tags: oregano herb, heat fire
Asked by rita b lobo, 12 Dec '09 01:20 pm

1.

No No, dont heat oregano too much, it turns bitter with too much heat, oregano is usually used as seasoning or garnishing on top of the dish. Or almost when u r ready to take the item off the fire.
Answered by Ashok Maurya, 12 Dec '09 01:22 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

The oregano herb, an herb with a very flavorful and aromatic leaves, is said to have originated from Greece. In fact, the term oregano came from the Greek word "oros" meaning mountain or hill and "ganos" meaning joy or happiness. As such, oregano literally means "joy of the mountain". The early Greeks even regarded it as a symbol of joy and used it extensively for its medicinal properties. Overtime, the culinary uses of oregano became prominent in many Mediterranean dishes.

Oregano, despite of its popularity in Greece, Italy and other Mediterranean countries, was almost unknown in the US until after the World War II when soldiers brought home the "pizza taste". Its popularity around the world rose with the popularity of Italian foods, particularly pizza. Today, oregano is a staple herb in Italian cuisine and is greatly famous for enhancing the flavor of tomato-based dishes. It is used in meat, fish, and poultry dishes. It's great in salads, soups, vegetable dishes, pasta sauces and ...more
Answered by jameel ahmed, 05 Feb '10 02:25 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

n I've been through so much in my life. Raised myself because all my parents ever did was take care of me financially. They abused me physically & ..more

Answered by Mickey