Q.

When was QNA started - Which year ?

How long have you been a member ? ( no need to answer this - its up to you )

What have been the memorable moments/ events for you on QNA ? the moments of joy , revelation,knowledge enhancement/ moments when you made some one happy.

How has being QNA member been helpful to you ?

Now the negative aspects - do you think there are any?

Do you have negative experiences on QNA - that which you want to forget ( then do not answer this part ), or disclose if you think that will benefit others.

Asked by viswanath vishnubhotla, 22 Apr '09 10:04 am

1.

1. I actually do not know when Q&A first started.
2. I joined in April 2007.
3. It's been a real rollercoaster of a ride, ups and downs all along the way. The worst period was when so many of us were blocked from the Forum in the days when 3 reports of abuse against you meant you were out. Therefore the idiots had a field day blocking so many people in the Hall of Fame just for fun. I myself was blocked for 10 weeks. Sanity resumed and eventually the Forum got back to normal, whatever normal is, because there always seems to be someone seeking their moment of fame by acting in an extraordinary manner which usually means upsetting someone else!! That being said, the good moments far outweigh the bad. The Forum has members from a vast cross section of life so you never know who you may interact with and as a consequence you learn everyday something new about the complexities of human nature. I find the whole experience fascinating, envigourating and stimulating. I have learn ...more
Answered by Janis, 23 Apr '09 02:55 am

(11)
 (0)
2.

I had joined QnA somewhere in the year 2006 and after being in Hall of Fame I was blocked. This is my new id created on 15/08/2009. The most memorable moment was when several QnA members came together against management's policy of blocking the members after 3 reported abuses. We four members had a meeting with the management in their Mahim office. Thereafter several changes were brought about. Our efforts brought smiles on the faces of one and all. More cordial atmosphere prevailed among all those who had fought together. Being a member here has earned me many good friends. We often meet and these get together has now given us a reason to look forward to something. Negative aspect is the negative approach of some members. Some have spread the rumor of their own death and caused distress to many. At least one member has been relentlessly posting abusive messages in message box of others. This has made so many people unhappy. The negative experiences are not worth mentioning because the ...more
Answered by Jack Johnson, 22 Apr '09 11:07 am

(9)
 (0)
3.

Me have been here since June 2007 and 3 IDs hence its been a nice journey indeed. I still enjoy it alomst every other day although these days my work keeps me too busy. Ofcourse I am connected to all the members I know via emails. As for experiences on QnA well I had me fair share of weird and whacky ones and some very sweet moments indeed. Its a mixed bag. I can only say that QnA is a reflection of society. It has the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY as in society. Smile and enjoy Rediff QnA
Answered by Saj Sierra, 22 Apr '09 08:49 pm

(6)
 (0)
4.

I actually joined this forum in February, 2006 but it was different ID. I rejoined here with my current ID on 7/7/2007. With the support and cooperation from all of my beloved members I still continue. This is the only place I usually visit, during my spare time. Thank God, I got a lot of good friends here.
Answered by Joseph Chacko, 22 Apr '09 07:39 pm

(4)
 (0)
5.

Sai Ram. I have been a member for quite some time and was the first to reach the 10000 points mark, was number 1 in the hall of fame for some months etc. I stopped bothering about those things long ago and answer questions as and when moved to do so. Being a member has been helpful in the sense of seeing almost the whole world in this forum. Thus it has been educative.

About negative experiences, I was reported for abuse unfairly a couple of times, I was blocked once or twice etc. I have accepted all such things as facts of life.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 20 Apr '10 08:56 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

#1. I am not sure..but i guess it must have started sometime in nov/dec 2006
#2 Joined 16th feb 2007
#3 The entire journey so far has been memorable....
#4 It is a constant learning experience.... some Q's made me think and understand abt myself, my choices in life, question my beliefs in certain areas.... in ways which wud not have been possible otherwise...has made me more open to other's perceptions
$4 & #5 Like everything else this place too has its positives and negatives... but the positives outweigh the negatives and one learns to ignore or take the -ves in ones stride..
#4
Answered by sumitha, 22 Apr '09 05:36 pm

(8)
 (1)
7.

1. I have no idea. Sorry!

2.I had joined this forum in April 2006 with the id of James Bond which was blocked in just two months. Then I created this id in the middle of the June, same year.

3, 4. There atre so many memorable moments....... have participated actively in some real interesting discussions with other valued and senior members. I do not believe in making some revelations but yes, QnA has revealed to me few of my hidden traits which would have been shadowed till now. As for knowledge enhancements or giving happy moments to others, I never believed in that. I just participated here because I enjoyed participation and I had lot of free time to do so. Social service has never been a motive. :))
I guess that knowledge enhancement or learning was on mutual basis... we all did that to each other and that too unknowingly.

The best thing to me, is that I have met few genuine and nice persons here and some of them have become life time friends now!!!!!
Answered by prashant sharma, 22 Apr '09 11:28 am

(8)
 (1)
8.

I joined this forum in jan 2008.
every coin has two sides. so is wid this forum. gud as well as bad too.
it has lost its charm now.
Answered by chitrasahgal, 22 Apr '09 05:37 pm

(7)
 (2)
9.

I dont know when it started as i was in USA that time and just i came to know about rediff and i opened the a/c and then i got the mail for joining the forum .I think i joined 2/3 years back Lot of good and bad experiences here but life is like that only.Some times when we dont even imagine some answers are reported abuse for no reason which hurts Not for the point but for the policy.As every abused answer cant be accepted if u find nothing vulgur in it .But it happens so often but now we r used to it as we r gaining nothing so why to worry .It is just a time pass and for fun but some times it hurts as some ask such vulgur questions and answer but they r not reported abuse .so i am unble to understand the policy sir.any way it doesnot matter much to me now .as we r bored we can quit any time if we think it is not worth wasting time here.so no problem
Answered by krish, 22 Apr '09 05:52 pm

(7)
 (1)
10.

I donot remember when it was started.
I am here for say 2 years.
I enjoyed this forum earlier. It was a great place to share knowledge
QNA people who are some old are all good.
QNA is very good for people who have plenty of time. Otherwise it is a very bad addiction
People here live in illusion

Still its a good stage.
Answered by ankit shivam, 22 Apr '09 04:40 pm

(7)
 (0)

Q.

I do agree with that Director is a Captain of the Ship !! Star is a most imprortant in the Film...as on whoes face value Film can be sold to the distr..more

Answered by Ramesh Mistry