Q.

Do you think in general, 'Police Officers' are underappreciated?

Tags: officers, police officers
Asked by anupama kumar, 08 Aug '09 07:26 pm

1.

Policing is a very thankless job. The good police officers are self motivated. Like in all other profession there are always feud between vested interests and just thinking personnel. The Administrative people never get their due. from the benefited public in terms of appreciation. Police Officers are no exception. To some extents doctors and teachers still get some respect. Others are in the negative list of the common man though I always feel good things should be appreciated and highlighted. It may act catalysts for further good work.
Answered by soumyen sarkar, 08 Aug '09 08:56 pm

(4)
 (0)
2.

Yes.

Despite all the claims about corruption etc., I do have a soft corner for them for the amount of pressure that they are subjected to.
Answered by S. Ramesh, 08 Aug '09 07:26 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Yes, ak, in my view, our police officers, are indeed, an overworked and a highly underpaid lot. My heart gets wrenched when I take a look around me and find dedicated people like Tukaram Ombale, who rush ahead of everyone in giving up their precious life for our sake. Today, if we are able to sleep soundly in our beds, it is thanks largely to the dedication and outstanding work done by these men in uniform, be it apprehending the anti-social elements and the enemies of our nation, be it managing the utterly chaotic traffic conditions on our roads, be it handling the morchas and shenanigans and tantrums thrown by our abominable politicians, or be it any other matter related to the maintenence of peace and good order in our society. I am all praise for you for having invited my attention to this very very important issue. More power to you, dear and may you continue to do such duties again and again.
Answered by Jaisingh Thakur, 08 Aug '09 07:46 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

Yes I fully endorse your views, but in some cases, they do not deserve appreciation.
Answered by rajnikant raiyarela, 09 Aug '09 09:31 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

May be in few cases.
Answered by AANEWS AGENCY, 09 Aug '09 04:57 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Their services are abused by us
Answered by Dinesh C S, 09 Aug '09 02:59 pm

(0)
 (0)