Q.

I recently watched a few episodes of that 'child marriage glorification serial Vallika Vadhu' and have come to the conclusion that the director is trying to portray a false picture of child marriages.
It was , is and never will be good for the psychology of the kids to get married so early they will miss the joys of childhood.
Your honest comments plz.

Asked by joyoti sen, 21 Feb '09 01:54 pm

1.

That serial needs to be banned ASAP. Renuka chowdhary plzzz help :))
Answered by Saj Sierra, 21 Feb '09 06:47 pm

(2)
 (2)
2.

I know nothing about this serial. However I should like to point out that this idea of "childhood" is a very recent innovation and as yet not universal either!
Answered by Shahryar Pax, 23 Feb '09 01:42 am

(2)
 (1)
3.

I have not watched the serial but I read several reviews. Every one said the serial treats well the story of small childs life and how everything changes after marriage in small age.The serial has very good and talented cast and crew. Balika Vadhu is different to other Saas Bahu Serials. Each and every episode of Balika Vadhu has some special message which shows some hidden realities of Indian society. May be after watching the serial I might begin to think in the lines of your thinking. I am not sure though.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 21 Feb '09 11:47 pm

(1)
 (1)

4.

Personally stating,the thought itself is so uneasy and discomforting...in a country,where so many girl child related crimes are on a high,this kinda glorification is alarming,unhealthy and shocking...i saw just one episode,and could not sit through it,cause it was such a mockery of childhood and innocence both...all the hype around it,the trps and the rage that it has become,proves that the maximum number of viewers are women themselves,ironically....the mindset is such that anything with shock value has an appeal,the mundane doesnt....else,any sensitive being with well -placed sensibilities would not promote such endeavours...it just goes on to prove,dat indians cant think outside the box...they are too confined to the safety of their conservatism,without understanding the relevance of social activism.
Answered by shintsie, 22 Feb '09 02:09 pm

(3)
 (1)
5.

Everything is portrayed wrongly at the right time. These types of serials should not have been allowed to have been passed by the CENSORS who are UPHOLDERS of ethics. Though CHILD MARRIAGES, DOWRY, CORRUPTION etc., are banned they still CONTINUE to STRIVE. Justice has yet to be delivered (even after 13 years) to Mr. SUKHRAM the erstwhile COMMUNICATIONS MINISTER for amount
found in his OFFICIAL residence which was disproportionate to his INCOME. And yes, it is not only in India that CHILD MARRIAGES are performed but also in some other countries in the Middle East where a child FIT to be a (perhaps) GRANDAUGHTER is married off to an OLDIE just for the sake of MONEY!!!!
Answered by John Mascarenhas, 22 Feb '09 02:15 pm

(3)
 (1)
6.

My god!! You just took me surprise by putting this question..... I always thought that you have successfully restricted yourself to NatGeo or may be Star World.. Anyways, that's not the point of concern, everyone has the rights to experiment, even former Indian Cricket team coach Greg Chappel had :))

I don't remember which was the last daily soap I had watched (may be one called Kasauti Zindagi ki because of swet looking Shweta Tiwari) so don't know what they are showing of depicting in real.I think all the daily soaps have unnecessarily elastic (boring too) storyline :) After the debacle of TV queen Ekta Kapoor and her glorious Saas-Bahu dramas, channels were trying to cash on the serials based on some social issues or giving some moral lessons.I guess Balika Vadhu was a trend setter in this regard.It was the success of this serial which changed the shift towards depiction of such issues which are not relevant anymore. Ever since Balika Vadhu arrived on Colors, a string of stories ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 22 Feb '09 04:17 pm

(2)
 (2)
7.

That would depend on where you live, what your outlook is, and the circumstances that define your life.

If you live in an agrarian environment, you most likely will be too poor to hire labourers, and you can only farm so much. So, naturally, you'd want to add on as many members as farmhands- as early as possible. Otherwise, your existence is on the line.

I am not sure if people who get married earlier "miss the joys of childhood." I've seen many agrarians who married quite young, and many are very, very happy w/ their lives.

What are these "joys of childhood?"

Memorizing & cramming textbooks in classroom & tuition from dusk to dawn?
Answered by A Moin, 01 Mar '09 05:26 am

(2)
 (0)
8.

The serial producers are earning handsomely by exploiting the subject of child marriage..... In fact serial is glorifying the child marriages ... and sends the massage that with the passage of time ... dust settles down ... and nothing to worry....!
Answered by mpsgahlaut, 21 Feb '09 04:29 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

Every day an Ad/Publicity (issued in Public Interest) comes on TV & Radio ," Ladki ki shaadi 18 se pehle aur Ladke ki shaadi 21 varsh se pehle nahi, yeh sehath keliye hyaanikarah bhi aur kaooni aparadh bhi hai." (I think it is Balika Vadhu).
Answered by Srijith KP, 21 Feb '09 03:29 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

U right dear
Answered by atul goswami, 21 Feb '09 01:55 pm

(2)
 (0)

Q.

Media is also trying to divide Indian society by focusing only news against Hindus. It will not an exaggeration if one say that they are the greatest ..more

Answered by Danendra Jain