Q.

The difference between Revelation and Inspiration ?

Tags: careers, inspiration, revelation
Asked by truth exposed, 17 Nov '12 10:56 am

1.

From Jaabir, may Allaah be pleased with him, who said, When the time of the Battle of Uhud approached, my father called me at night and said, I think that I will be the first amongst the Companions of the Prophet to be martyred. I do not leave anyone after me dearer to me than you, except Allahs Apostles soul and I owe some debt and you should repay it and treat your sisters favourably (nicely and politely). So in the morning he was the first to be martyred and was buried along with another (martyr). [Bukhaari]

Shaikh al-Albaani said, It should be known that this is not to be considered as having knowledge of the Unseen, for no-one except Allaah knows the Unseen, and nor is it from the category of Allaah showing His servants some of the Unseen as many ignorant people think it is, for Allaah the Most High said, [He is] Knower of the unseen, and He does not disclose His [knowledge of the] unseen to anyone except a Messenger He has approved of. [Jinn seventy two: twenty six-twenty seve ...more
Answered by Psycho, 17 Nov '12 11:15 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Revelation is bringing out a secret in open and inspiration is if you love someone from the bottom of the heart then you will want to win the owrld for that person on your own irrespective of the challenges .
Answered by Nachiket, 17 Nov '12 10:58 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Inspiration can be regarded as evidence by Sufis, who are Islamic mystics, and some other people. However, it is not a proof or judgment that binds the majority.
Whereas the source of revelation is always divine, that of inspiration can be otherwise. For this reason, while revelation is absolute, inspiration is suppositional. This is because revelation comes via an angel. There is no possibility of making a mistake for the angel. However, as the heart has relation to the mind and to the evil commanding soul, it is affected by them. Therefore, mistakes may occur in this respect...
Answered by aflatoon, 17 Nov '12 11:12 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Revelation is knowledge/wisdom coming through intuition. It is totally disconnected to thought process. It is not a continuity... just a beam of truth..more

Answered by Shunmugham