Q.

ZINDAGI : How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours...Do you let people maneuver you into reactions unlike your true self,or you manage to hold your ground with stability and strength of conduct? How vulnerable or determined are you?

Tags: health, zindagi, news & events
Asked by shintsie, 14 Jan '10 05:35 pm

1.

In lifes ups and downs mostly I was treated very friendly and
affectionately by everyone I came across
Fortunately there was no necessity for me to react about others actions.
I always was more independent, hard working and a bit dominating personality.
I used to be stable in my thoughts and get my own strength to face everything.
None of others comments ever affected me.
Some relationships who could not maintain themselves find no fault with me.

Once I was teased by my Chief Engineer for not supporting a fallacious project.
Answered by anantharaman, 15 Jan '10 02:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Let me as always applaud you for a fabulous question,dear friend! Instead of focusing on the other person's thoughts,listen for their feelings and needs! Understand the situation that triggered the other person's feelings. We should learn to use NO constructively;giving and receiving NO with the consciousness of Observation! We should never be a slave to Emotion and thus take responsibility for other people's feelings; instead we should be liberated of emotion by taking responsibility for our own intentions and actions.The greatest Lesson that Life has taught me is to take Responsibility for Myself while other people's well being is just as important. If risk is one side of the coin the other side is Vulnerability,which has the potential for adverse impact.My Gullibility has been the core cause of my Vulnerability but Life is the Greatest Teacher of all Times and now I am as determined as one can ever be to face Life's Blows and Life's Kisses with the same Equanimity :-))
Answered by inquisitive, 15 Jan '10 01:57 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

History is filled with examples of incredible riches & astounding benefits people have received simply by asking for them! Yet surprisingly, asking-one of the most powerful success principles of all- is still a challenge that holds most people back.
Why are people so afraid to ask? Reasons may be many such as looking foolish, looking needy or looking stupid. But the main reason is they are afraid to experience REJECTION & afraid to hear the word NO. The sad thing is that they are actually rejecting themselves in advance. if you are going to be successful, you are going to need to learn how to deal with rejection. To get over rejection, you have to think that rejection is really a myth! It doesn't really exist. It is simply a concept that you hold in your head.

Answered by MajorVLoganathan, 15 Jan '10 10:58 am

(2)
 (0)
4.

Shintz, a really valid question in our life. I'm a person who cares a lot about others and their feelings. I even balance my thoughts, words and deeds not to hurt anybody. But many a times I found myself failing to accomplish that. Because most of the time my intentions are mistaken. Later I learned a lesson that we cannot make everyone happy all the time. If we stick to our own ethics, morals and pure conscience, chances are very rare to go astray. We should never hesitate to say a big 'no', when our conscience is against something; and sometimes it becomes a big lifesaver.
I'm never a determined person when coming in front of my nears and dears, of course I have my own opinions and viewpoints. My happiness lies in the happiness of my dear ones. I can't see them in pain just to win my standpoint. I have even sacrificed my happiness for the sake of their happiness, but wholeheartedly and I have no repentance on that. With their blessings, whatever happening to me is the best for me. ...more
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 15 Jan '10 10:53 am

(2)
 (0)
5.

Hi Shintz, I love to live in Peace and Harmony, so mostly I try to avoid and ignore unpleasant issues and be vulnerable to a great extent especially ,if it is the for the benefit of someone outside or for the sake of the family .But I do remain determined in situations when question of my personal desire arise.I was part of at big joint family where girls got mariied a little earlier ,ie before they completed their education.I too was pressurised by the elders for the same purpose.But as I showed keen interest in studies, I remained determined to fullfill my desire to complete my education.The elders got convinced and approved but as soon as I completed my studies I tried to be vulnerable to fullfill their Wishes too.So situations do arise when we had to be vulnerable for the sake of others but also remain determined to fulfill our own desires and to avoid for being taken forgranted. When we remain determined we may be considered stubborn , or even revolutionary but we cant help it a ...more
Answered by Rachana, 15 Jan '10 01:53 am

(2)
 (0)
6.

I feel nobody has such a strong impact on me that I would do something sebversive just in reaction to his/her wrong doings. Moreover, I do not have any mundane testimony to prove anything thrown at me or may be such proofs do not really matter as per my belief. But yes, things get changed with those who are important to me. I do not mind being vulnerable with them.

Thanks for a nice question.
Answered by prashant sharma, 14 Jan '10 08:38 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

Most of d time i hold but sometime lose my cool...........it depends on d importance of d person in front of me.......im very determined to succeed wid God's grace
Answered by gaurav shokeen, 14 Jan '10 05:37 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

Its not what happens that matters but how you react [to what happens] that matters, its not about the situation or the circumstance, its about you in it, things only have the meaning we give them...and...people only treat you the way you let them, these are my strong convictions in life Shintsie, becasue these refer to how you deal with, manage and react to what happens in your world. In extreme cases a momentary reaction can influence, if not shape, the next ten, twenty or even fifty years of your life. For good or bad. And on a completely different scale, many reactions will be unconscious, almost meaningless blips on the radar of your life. From the moment you and I get out of bed each day we are reacting consciously or not to our dynamic environment. Fortunately we dont live in a static world; how boring would that be...? Ye react to a broad range of stimuli hundreds of times every day and while the majority of your reactions are incidental and largely inconsequential catching the ...more
Answered by Dil Se, 22 Jan '10 12:50 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Like grass
Answered by lafnlaf, 19 Jan '10 02:23 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Dear The present people don't know full meaning sanskrit word, if refer old dictionary of sanskrit come know, the karma. The karma is tobe honest, hardwork and same manner teach to other, the people seen in the picture and tv serial Mahabharth Lord sri Krishna Geetha Updesh.
Answered by Vasudevan Govindarao, 17 Jan '10 01:59 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

In 1876, the president of Western Union brushed off Alexander Graham Bell's telephone as little more than an "electric toy," and the company called Be..more

Answered by patel