Q.

Tandava is a allegory of the five principal manifestations of eternal energy----comment

Tags: religion & spirituality, tandava, principal manifestations
Asked by sudhakar kuruvada, 11 Mar '13 05:41 am

1.

The dance is a pictorial allegory of the five principal manifestations of eternal energy:[5]
'Srishti' - creation, evolution
'Sthiti' - preservation, support
'Samhara' - destruction, evolution
'Tirobhava' - illusion
'Anugraha' - release, emancipation, grace
Thus Tandava symbolizes the cosmic cycles of creation and destruction, as well as the daily rhythm of birth and death.
Answered by LIPSIKA, 11 Mar '13 05:51 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

'Srishti' - creation, evolution
'Sthiti' - preservation, support
'Samhara' - destruction, evolution
'Tirobhava' - illusion
Answered by Quest, 11 Mar '13 08:06 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Five years ago, I had a beautiful experience which set me on a road that has led to the writing of this book. I was sitting by the ocean one late summer afternoon, watching the waves rolling in and feeling the rhythm of my breathing, when I suddenly became aware of my whole environment as being engaged in a gigantic cosmic dance. Being a physicist, I knew that the sand, rocks, water, and air around me were made of vibrating molecules and atoms, and that these consisted of particles which interacted with one another by creating and destroying other particles. I knew also that the earth's atmosphere was continually bombarded by showers of "cosmic rays," particles of high energy undergoing multiple collisions as they penetrated the air. All this was familiar to me from my research in high-energy physics, but until that moment I had only experienced it through graphs, diagrams, and mathematical theories. As I sat on that beach my former experiences came to life; I "saw" cascades of energy ...more
Source: Tao of Physics by Fritzof Capra
Answered by Vikram, 11 Mar '13 12:07 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

The Tandava symbolizes the cosmic cycles of creation and destruction, as well as the daily rhythm of birth and death.
Answered by anantharaman, 11 Mar '13 11:54 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

Nataraja or Nataraj, the dancing form of Lord Shiva, is a symbolic synthesis of the most important aspects of Hinduism, and the summary of the central tenets of this Vedic religion. The term 'Nataraj' means 'King of Dancers' (Sanskrit nata = dance; raja = king). In the words of Ananda K. Coomaraswamy, Nataraj is the "clearest image of the activity of God which any art or religion can boast ofA more fluid and energetic representation of a moving figure than the dancing figure of Shiva can scarcely be found anywhere,"
Answered by iqbal seth, 11 Mar '13 05:43 am

(0)
 (0)