Q.

Identify the person: Sujatha alias Rangarajan

Tags: relationships, health, entertainment
Asked by hitler, 30 Oct '09 07:29 pm

1.

The key person behind the development of the Electronic Voting Machine and an eminent writer, S Rangarajan alias Sujatha
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 30 Oct '09 07:30 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Sujatha, whose real name was S. Rangarajan, was born in Triplicane in Chennai on May 03, 1935 and passed away on 27th February, 2008.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 30 Oct '09 07:32 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Man who needs no introduction to my Tamil friends wherever they are. A man, even at the ripe old age of 72, can still write in a style and manner that endears him to a teenager. The generation of the 60s and 70s grew up reading his works. My generation the 80s grew up loving his writing. This current generation is growing up enamored with his brilliance. I cant think of another author who can endear himself to more than three generation of fans and continue to be as prolific and as dazzling!

Who can forget his series, Srirangathu Devathaigal an astounding account of his school days in small town Srirangam in the 50s where he grew up. Every story in it, every word in it brought to the reader their memories of childhood, about the glory days gone by. I am unashamed, the hell, even proud to say that I would have read that book a thousand times. And I would continue to read it every time I wish to go back to my teens!

Source: google search
Answered by anil garg, 04 Jan '12 05:46 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Popular Tamil Writer 'Sujatha'alias Rangarajan passed away today at the Apollo Hospitals here after brief illness.He was 72. He is survived by his wife and two sons.Sujatha, whose real name was S Rangarajan, was born in Triplicane in Chennai on May 03, 1935 but spent his childhood in Srirangam near Tiruchirapalli under the care of his paternal grandmother owing to his father's frequent transfers in his government job. Mr Rangarajan attended Srirangam Boys High School.

He did his Bachelors Degree in Physics in St Joseph's College, Tiruchirapalli where he was the classmate of President Abdul Kalam. Later on, he did his engineering in electronics at the Madras Institute of Technology. Sujatha's forte was science fiction writing. He had also written many film scripts notable among which was Kamal Hassan's Vikram, Anniyan, Sivaji theboss .

Answered by victory, 30 Oct '09 09:10 pm

(0)
 (0)