Q.

What is the speciality of the place you are staying, is there any favorite spot which you always prefer to hangout?

Tags: travel, environment, city guide
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 21 Oct '09 04:09 pm
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

The river Brahmaputra is special to my city.My city Guwahati was called Pragjyotishpur in the ancient times. Prag means east and jyotish means light.So Pragjyotishpur means light of the east. Guwahati is a beautiful city surrounded by verdant hills and the mighty river Brahmaputra flowing through its heart. The famous temple of Maa Kamakhya is here situated on top of a hill. There is a temple called Sukreshwar dedicated to Lord Shiva on the banks of the Brahmaputra and you can have a breathtaking view of the river, the Saraighat Bridge, the Umananda island ,the sunrise and sunset from the small park behind this temple. The ferry rides in the evening are a good experience.There is the comparatively newer Sankardev Kalakshetra which is a nice place to visit in the evening with the ancient history of Assam being told through a light and sound show. Old paintings and manuscripts and many other pieces of memorabilia can be found here. Guwahati is a big city now with malls like Pantaloons, B ...more
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 22 Oct '09 02:15 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Muktha, I would like to mention ,the Vadukunathen Temple in the heart of my city,SriRam temple on the riverbank,Guruvyour temple the most Divine place of the South, the beaches ,backwaters ,the household ponds the large stretch of green fields ,the lushgreen countryside, full of coconut trees,with beautiful roads going through it are the specilities of my place where hanging out is always enjoyble ,though I dont permnantly stay here ,my Heart always live in this soil to cherish for ever.
Answered by Rachana, 22 Oct '09 05:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

There are many places to visit and yes there is a place we call Yash Chopra Road, because in December, if you go on that road, it would seem like one of those shown in YR movies, where they sing on the road with long trees on the sides. Then there are historical places, where they recreate the historical times for show. There is of course a big lake and there are shows, where the whole act is on water. Of course, they have mechanised movements with glass under water, but it looks great.
Answered by manish varma, 22 Oct '09 05:00 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I am at Bhopal,
we are having beautiful lake,birla temple, Van Vihar,Near by bhojpur temple, etc.,
bhopal is beautiful place
people can enjoy for two days( outsiders09
you are welcome
Answered by satish, 22 Oct '09 02:52 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

The mighty river "Brahamaputra" flows across the city of Guwahati, which is perhaps one of most beautiful cities(Other than metros) of the country , wid roughly 40% coverage by way of hills...I like to go for shopping here specifically...bcoz it is more convenient here to shop as compared to other places...and like to walk across the river in the early hours of the day......
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 22 Oct '09 01:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

I can see stars in the night sky........................terrace is my favourite hangout
Answered by Sumit Basu, 21 Oct '09 04:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

There r uncountable places to hang around.
Answered by krishna bhojwani, 21 Oct '09 04:11 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Ek ritu aaye ek ritu jaayemausam badale na badale nasibkaun jatan karuun kaun upaayek ritu aayetak tak suukhe patte aankhein taras gayinbaadal to na b..more