Q.

The one Hindi movie from the decade of 1960-70 which you can see innumerable times because of rare melody in music, excellent story and screenplay with brilliant individual performances...... Which is one such movie according to you, the most romantic musical drama of 60s?

My choice is Guide(1965).Innocent acting by Dev Anand as Raju, the graceful Waheeda dancing like a betterfly in "aaj phir jeene ki tamannaa hai", memorable songs written by Shailendra and best work of S.D. Burman. What more one can expect? An evergreen classic!!!!
Comments.

Asked by prashant sharma, 23 Jan '09 08:27 pm

1.

Madhumati
Answered by Anil K Chugh, 24 Jan '09 07:34 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

My choice is also Guide and of course Pyasaa...To tell you the truth I don't rememebr which one i liked better.. The Music ..oh the music of both.. and 'Tere Mere Sapne ab Ek rang hai"...plus 'Aaj sajan mohe ang lagaa lo".. who can forget.. both starring the beautiful Wahida..
Answered by joyoti sen, 24 Jan '09 10:18 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

My all time favourite is Anand although it came in 1971 but still its a movie which teaches not only to live your life to the fullest but to die with a smile and live in others hearts even after your death!!
Answered by dharamender nebhnani, 23 Jan '09 08:30 pm

(1)
 (0)

4.

Though I can count several movies, which boasts of quality and class, and are enjoyed several times by many persons, one name is peculiarly best according to me is " HEER RANJHA " *ing Raj Kumar, Jaheeda , Pran and songs like " Milo na tum toh hum Ghabrayen...., Yeh duniya, yeh mehfil mere kaam ki nahin.... " and superb acting by every actors makes it a gem. The wonderful part is that dialogues in this film is in couplet form, which makes it more impressive. A must see for all according to me.=== Still, the " Guide " is a classic movie, with excellent memorable songs, excellent acting by actors making it an ever green classic. But those who have read the Guide by RK Narayan, would vouch that the movie couldnot retain the theme of the novel i.e. extra marital affair, the conceitness of Raju, the guide, who is opportunistic and jealous, wants to marry a rich married woman.== But it is still a classic even with those flaws.
Answered by prabhat kumar kumar, 24 Jan '09 09:47 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

My vote goes to pyasa and chaudhavi ka chand.None to be compared with Gurudutt.The story of Guide and its songs were great .Devanand was ok, but Dilip kumar and Raj kappor were more commendable actors.
Answered by Rachana, 25 Jan '09 07:28 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

I hardly say Guide was merely a romantic musical drama. I have read RK Narayan`s novel of same name; and I fear there are least chances of finding romance in first place. Even the Director`s handling of the movie seems concentrating mainly on the issue of IDEOLOGY and Raju Guide`s transformation from a minor person to that of holyman. To answer on the point of Musical aspects of the movie, it is an undeniable fact that it still bears the honor of One of the Best Movies in Hindi in musical category; especially those dances of Rosy, the leading character. The abundant, yet suppressed, qualities of an artist hidden in her persona are beautifully presented in her movements on the floor. However, I doubt whether Dev Anand`s acting can be called as `Innocent` as you put in your appreciation. The character Raju is not at all an innocent fellow to be taken for granted. Since, his work relates with a tour guide, naturally he does possess charm and fascination of a practical service provider. Th ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 25 Jan '09 02:06 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

I liked Mr.&Mrs 55 a lot starring Guru Dutt &Madhubala...the other day i told ya abt it...a must watch!!!
Answered by nikita, 24 Jan '09 07:46 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

My vote goes to Pyasa. It was so contemporary and it is a timeless classic as it is still contemporary, if you look at its essence even now. The points are still valid. Now people wish to forget themselves in fairy tales of Karan Johar, otherwise a Pyaasa still shakes you up much like last 15 minutes of Chaandni Bar or Page 3. Another movie, which I do not know is from 50s or 40s, but really touched me a lot with its message was Shree 420.
Answered by manish varma, 24 Jan '09 05:47 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I too loved Guide when I watched it for the first time in the eighties. It was a very moving film for me and the chemistry between Dev Anand and Waheeda was awesome. Not a single scene was boring and it was expertly directed and the actors plated their parts excellently. Alsost all the songs were memorable and my other favourites apart from Aaj phir jeene ki tamannahai are Gaata rahe mera dil tuhi meri manzil, Tere mere sapne bus ek raang hai, Din dhal jaaye . One of Hindi cinema's all time classics, that's Guide. Other memorable movies for me from that decade were Aradhana and Mera Naam Joker.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 24 Jan '09 01:03 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Aamrapaali *ing Dutt saa'b & Humsaaya *ing Joy Mukerjee & Mala sinha. Sikander e azam is another fav of mine. . ! Such films are not made in this day & age. . !
Answered by amreen, 24 Jan '09 08:22 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

For philosophical mood try any Rabindra Sangeet of Kishore Kumar.And for opposit effect try 'Mehbooba mehbooba' of RD Burman.And for any mood try any ..more

Answered by Prakash Chandra