Q.

2010/2 - LIFE:

How do you visualise life?

Do you often pause to dwell on the disappointments of the past

OR

you forget about the bad phases in the past and try to be content with the way it is right now?

Asked by Omega, 04 Feb '10 05:34 pm

1.

To me life has been a challenge and never a problem. One has to pass through each challenge as one passes an exam to go into another class. God would not pose a challenge in front of you unless he has prepared you for it. The time you give up and say you cannot take any more, you will find there are no more challenges coming forth and you begin to enjoy life. Even the things you do wrong would be right for you. You will never realize that God has given you a long rope to hang yourself with it. The bad phases in my life were there to bring out the best in me. Each time I went through a bad phase I learnt something new. It simply prepared me for another bad phase. God had chosen to grind me, ferment me and boil me in passion to purify my soul. Today I find myself more matured than before.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 05 Feb '10 06:44 am

(1)
 (0)

2.

There r two aspects in the answer to ur question Sir...depending on the points of view on the two situations u hav given...one is what Life shud be ideally...and the other one is what it actually is in practical terms.
Ideally one shud not dwell on the past and move on...learning from the disappointments...try to construct a better tomorrow.
But practical picture is a bit different...many of us hav some past experiences which hav left such deep wounds that everytime theres a fresh new disappointment in life or in others lives also the mind goes bak to that past feeling the same pain waves. So may be after enduring many such pain waves in Life one learns to lead the ideal Life...it can be that time heals all wounds..like this only.
Answered by sumita ganguly, 05 Feb '10 11:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Life is beautifull. Both options are applied to me to live and lead this life. No one can forget their past for a long time, if he is normal. One who learn from the past, live in present and think about future is the one who will get success and satisfaction in life.
Answered by Masquer, 09 Feb '10 11:46 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Hi Omegaji , I visualise life in a very sportive way.I prefer to find enjoyment in every moment I live.I dont wish to waste it thinking about any bad phases or disppointments of the past.Ofcourse ,we do get carried away emotionally but I try to cheer myself thinking about my nostalgic past, my sweet childhood days, about my colourful youthful days about the beautiful moments I had spend with my dear and near ones and friends, the enchanting fond memories of the past. I even feel pride thinking about the glory of my past life.So though I had many losses and bad phases,I dont spend much time time remaining with my depressive thoughts.I realized that we dont gain anything thinking about the disppointments of the past ,at the same time, by doing this we wont be able to perform well in our present ,Also by doing this we will be bothering the near ones who share the life with us ,now.Our sorrows are our sorrows only , we may find a helping hand to wipe our tears ,but they need not have alwa ...more
Answered by Rachana, 06 Feb '10 11:21 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

It is a mix of the two...depending on the phase i am currently in. When i am in a real bad place mentally due to some current disappointment....all the past disappointments come rushing back to me....and it makes me feel as if the whole world is ganging up onn me trying to drown me in disappointments but i am resilient if nothing else...The minute i find i am becoming morose...I mentally shake myself and get back on my feet telling myself that there are others who are in far more worse place than i am currently in....and i shud be happy with what i have. ...and i really become happy and cheerful...if i am not able to ...then i lean on my family and friends who i can rely on to cheer me up. Thankfully such episodes are far and few in between. Mostly i am a contented soul and happy (although there definitely are few things that can do with improvement) but mostly am satisfied with what i have with not many lofty expectations either out of myself, others or even of the material kind ...more
Answered by sumitha, 05 Feb '10 09:23 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Ok , I will convince my sweetheart for you, that 3 is a crowd .I mean 3 answers already been boxed.But as you expect a different angle , acute or obtuse , please don't raise an eyebrow on my integrity , based on my previous answer. Business is business but I will try to ensure not to go at right angle to my previous answer.

Woh , so far so good for preface but now where is the corner or the angle in this vicious circle ? ( not cycle )............ ha ... I got it . Starting with a Daniela Gallo quote Life: a cycle. A series of events, meetings, and departures. Friends discovered, others lost, Precious time, wastes away. Big droplet tears are shed for yesterday, but are dried in time for tomorrow, until all that remain are foggy, broken memories of a happy yesteryear.
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 05 Feb '10 07:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

2010/2 -Change the way you spend time and you will see that your life will be changed dramatically.
Answered by vilas manohar deshpande, 05 Feb '10 09:28 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

Just live it,, not thinking a lot :P
Answered by conviction, 04 Feb '10 05:34 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I think It is a heady mix of both
Answered by Motu, 25 Sep 07:45 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

It is a heady mix of both
Answered by anil garg, 19 Dec '10 02:47 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -', World News: Ten worst countries for women - thestar.comThe image of the twenty-onest century wom..more

Answered by Mickey