After AK-47 and AK-56 it is now AK-90 AK-90, a much sleeker and powerful weapon of the assault rifle series. It was found in possession of Kashmir militants a couple of days back.
The STINGER MISSILE was THE most sophisticated US weapon available at the time of the 1980s. Not even armies had it, save US and ISrael, yet Talibans had access to such weaponry.
Access 2 latest weapons was never an issue 4 the Talibans as they have access to a lot of corrupt quartermasters in nearly every Army of the world except may be for Sweden, DEnmark, etc. If u have access to a corrupt quartermaster, u can get the latest hi tech weaponry the world can offer.
And the CIA gave the Talibans that kind of access, which they r able to exploit even after their masters have turned against them.
And Peshawar Baazar is pretty well known 4 weapons, even a goat herder can walk off w/a T-72 MBT provided he can front the cash....and a lot of illict quartermaster sold weaponry from countries like Russia, UK, US etc., find their way 2 Peshawar, PAk. So in a way, Talibans have landmass access to Peshawar so it shouldn't really surprise u.
What the Talibans need 2 l ...more
You may also want to see
* India granted access to Headley: James Jones
* Omar Abdullah for changes in AFSPA to make it more transparent
* Terrorism emanating from Pakistan part of Foreign minister's dialogue: Nirupama Rao
* Kashmir survey was sponsored by Gaddafi's son Saif
* Terror outfits cannot be dealt with selectively: India to US
Related videos ...more