Q.

CHAND

Tum aaye to aaya mujhe yaad
Gali me aaj chand nikala
Jaane kitne dino ke baad
Gali me aaj Chand nikala!

Kindly explain your ONE FAVOURITE song about CHAND and why?

This is one of my favourite song about Chand because of the enchanting music and the touching scene of the efforts and delight of a child to please his mother by making his father visit her.It is a masterpiece of Mahesh Bhatt,well acted by Pooja bhatt,Ajay Devgan,Little Kunal khemu and sung by Alka Yagnik.

Maine tumko aate dekha
Apni jaan ko jaate dekha
Jaane phir kya hua nahi yaad
Gali me aaj Chand nikala!

Asked by Rachana, 21 Jun '09 11:33 am

1.

Rachana, thanks yaar.....!! You always make all of us to think, so musically together. Wow....!! Well, I am a lover of the old songs, so many of them are my favorites. But I really cherish this particular song......

Aadha hai chandrama, raat aadhi,
reh na jaye, teri meri baat aadhi.....
Mulaquat aadhi.......

I am unable to describe, the joy, the feeling I am having, right now, on this particular moment, when I am writing this to you.....This is one of the best romantic songs, that have ever been composed, so beautifully in words, in equally melodious manner, the music of this song.....the lines,

"Piya aadhi hai pyaar ki bhasha
Answered by Alankrita Basu, 22 Jun '09 01:45 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Dear Rachana,
Please find my list which is as follows:

1. Dekho Woh Chaand from Shart (1954)
Singers: Hemant Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar
Music: Hemant Kumar

Watch this beautiful duet at this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofIcv0wbfAA), in which the moon appears in a wonderful open-ended context. The reference to the moon is hence made all the more appealing.

Answered by Kelly Sharma, 21 Jun '09 10:14 pm

(5)
 (0)
3.

Rachana, before thinking one of my favorite songs where CHAND performs as principal character of the theme, I deliberately finished reading of couple of beautiful answers on your page to see whether that particular song is taken in their lovely list. Till today, I haven`t seen or got the opportunity to see this very song either on big screen or on small one. Surprisingly enough this is not even available with YouTube (or may be I failed to get in video format) so there is no chance for me to check the performers with whom the song was picturised. But this one is sheer beauty in melody. I mean, truly, this very one is suggested by a respected senior fellow who is the founder member and vice-president of a local listeners` club and most graciously, upon my request, couple of hours ago he forwarded the song to me in audio CD format and once I started playing, listening with closed eyes, Rachana, I went into trance literally as if I were the guy in the central theme for whom these two girl ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 22 Jun '09 03:04 am

(3)
 (0)
4.

Moon, as an object of desire, has always mesmerized the romantic and poetic souls.... they have been captivating our hearts with so many thoughts, as a distant object. Poets and song writers have been using Moon as a theme for their songs since ages. I remember Shelley asking to the moon in one of his poem:
`Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven and gazing on the earth,
Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, --
And ever changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?`
And I remember Emily Dickinson's `You know that Portrait in the Moon` too in which she has beautifully compared the change in the size of moon with that of her beloved..

Answered by prashant sharma, 27 Jun '09 08:30 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Yes!In our childhood whenever we saw Gupta uncle immediately used to tell Chand Nikala. The meaning of Chand changed as we grew up. And today I thought I should wait to answer this question till moonrise...
Now my favourite song is this oldie...
Maine poocha chand se, ke dekha hai kahin, mera yaar sa haseen...
and Chand told, Chandni ki kasam, nahi nahi nahi...

You know, when Chandrayaan-1 was launched on 22 October 2008 at 6.22 AM IST from Satish Dhawan Space Centre by ISRO, the moon itself called me and said,---those European were mad---Americans were crazy and so the Chinese and Japanese who tried to attempt their Lunar mission ---but now Indians???
If at all you people wanted to do some research, wanted to know about moon, why you wasted such huge amount of money needlessly? Why cant you explore the person who is moon personified? The one whom I myself is planning to visit as part of my Lunar mission.
Answered by sanjay sharma, 22 Jun '09 04:54 am

(2)
 (0)
6.

A beautiful song....lyrics too is superb..

A song of my choice...
"Aao tumhe chand pe le jaaye,
Pyaar bhare sapne dikhaye,
Chhota sa bangla banaye,
Ek nayee duniya basayen..."...in d hour of crisis , if one receives such loving words from its beloved ones, they straightway make an impact n leave a message of motivation for a new begining wid renewed efforts...this song has a direct connecetivity wid my dream of settling in d outskirts of Manali after my kids get settled....thanks for a nice question....
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 21 Jun '09 09:25 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

I like the above song very much Rachana. I hum it when I am really happy.The Chand/Moon relates to all things lovely and beautiful and it brightens up one's like/ So the mother(Pooja Bhatt) sang in utter bliss in the movie Zakhm.

GALI MEIN CHAND AAJ NIKLA
tum aa'e to aaya mujhe yaad When you came, I remembered
galii me.n aaj chaa.nd nikalaa that today the moon emerged into the lane.
jaane kitne dino.n ke baad After God knows how many days,
galii me.n aaj chaa.nd nikalaa the moon emerged into the lane today.
galii me.n aaj chaa.nd nikalaa... the moon came into the lane today...
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 21 Jun '09 03:06 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

Chand mera dil chandani ho tum ..
Answered by anushka desai, 21 Jun '09 11:39 am

(2)
 (0)
9.

A really nice
i never fail to hear it in full
whenever it is played on radio
Answered by anil garg, 24 Jul '11 01:57 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Wah rachna wah tume rach kar likha hai
Answered by Shiva, 08 Dec '10 03:36 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Chandigarh his heralded as the most modern city in India - however it was designed in 1950s by Le Corbusier. However you will find more modern and ey..more

Answered by Janis