Q.

Dirty, vulgar and Questions hurting some persons sentiments get scot free and target who do Yeoman servuce: Are we human beings to erase the birth day greetings?

Tags: money, health, astrology
Asked by jameel ahmed, 01 Apr '10 02:51 pm

1.

Dear Jameelbhai sahab, aas salaam alaikum. I truly agree with you but this is virtual world and people tend to pull one another's leg so nothing much we can do i suppose. I know u r talking about menakaji had put that question for Gauthamiji and she was little disturbed. I tried to explain to her. But I suppose we cannot send any greetings on the question column that is what our co-ordinator Nehaji had told me many times and so earlier my questions were deleted and hundreds of point deducted from my account. I suppose they must have only removed it as we cannot send any greetings question on this forum, we can best put it on our custom message column or individually wish that person through message column. As per my intuition goes, rediff moderators must have only deleted this question then I dont know, god knows. Al d best. tke care regards khudhafiz. regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 01 Apr '10 04:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

It is a virtual forum and option to greet one on his/her birthday, is restricted other than messages. Of late Madam "maneka maneka" has raised almost a similar question. Personally I do not find any fault if one uses the question form of this forum so as to enable other members conscious who are not actually aware of the birth day of a particular member. But such greeting is stated to be the violation of so called code of conduct framed by the Rediff itself.Thus such questions form of greetings are blocked by the moderator. Now everybody knows that the law is formed for the benefit people and if necessary, sometimes amendments are also made to rectify a particular Rule/Law what ever one says. But the irony here is, nothing is amended, none is there to value the opinions of the learned members and thus even if something is better, attractive, demanding -- those are becoming the subject of violation of conduct. Earlier I became too the victim of such thing and nowadays I become cautious ...more
Answered by ashis, 01 Apr '10 04:04 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Dear Jameel !
Although others go wrong, we must stick to our true quality and give them a message that there are much differences between you and them.
If quality turns to disquality its the matter of shame but not for those who are worse and reamins happy in hurting others.
Answered by ajay, 01 Apr '10 03:55 pm

(3)
 (0)
4.

I think we should take the view of Mr. Iqbal Seth here and consider it in terms what is wrong and not wrong vis a vis the rules and regulations of this forum. There seem to be no other way. Or else, a mass movement had to be launched to force rediff admin to accept greetings as a question also. But, as Mr. Seth incirectly points out, that may present certain other difficulties. Of course, condoning dirty and vulgar questions is not correct. But that does not seem to be the point here.
Answered by Mona Bernard, 01 Apr '10 04:53 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Let us forgive, ignore and move on- It is all parts of life hence,
Answered by SriniVenkat, 01 Apr '10 03:29 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

In virtual forum general guidelines prevail however contents may not get reported all the time !
Answered by Avtar Khalsa, 01 Apr '10 02:56 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

When mr rajni kant can be debarred from the site for 5 days for wishing people happy new year, how can birthday greetings be called right question. this is the place to ASK QUESTION and wishing happy birthdays,good morning, good evening, how r u etc etc are not questions at al.
there are several other means of wishing your friends a happy birthdy, but to post a birthday as an open question is as bad/wrong as asking vulgar question. wrong is wrong, where it is for good purpose or otherwise
Answered by iqbal seth, 01 Apr '10 04:33 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

I dont know why such people are existing ?? i have never seen any other SOCIAL NETWORK / peolpe who can against greetings and condolensces...but REDIFF...!
Answered by menaka menaka, 01 Apr '10 04:30 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Hurting unknowingly is an involuntary act like the stamping of the baby by the mother. It won't hurt the baby normally as the mother is very careful a..more