Using your phone's internet browser
go to:
Click and drag this link to
the Home icon in your browser.

In case a company is not registered under Sales Tax in state of Assam but is a service provider of a client in Assam, whereby the company TRANSFERS some material from elsewhere into their assam unit office.Here will the entry tax be applicable.Is so, can the entry tax forms be collected with taxes paid without being registered since it may be very infrequent cases ?

Tags: money, case, careers
Asked by Sunil Jain, 06 May '10 03:58 pm
  Invite a friend  |  
  Save  |  
 Earn 10 points for answering
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering    
4000 characters remaining  
Keep me signed inNew User? Sign up

Answers (1)


Dear Sunil ,again there are some complications!! you mentioned somthing about transfer .see ,if a manufacturer transfers their goods to other branches , they can do so agianst form -F with 2% stock transfer charges . if the consignor and consignee are of differnt entity , consignor may dispatch excise paid material to the consignee who is not a seller but a service provider. under that case ,consignee may have to collect service tax on the entire bill and later can set off again excise paid . however a service provider is not supposed to consume taxable goods .he can raise bill only agianst job work or the service provided .whenever there is a consumption of goods procured from outside states ,he should have ST registration and for each item service and sale bill should be raised separately . else he may have to face huge difficulties in long run.
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 06 May '10 05:10 pm

Report abuse
Not Useful
Your vote on this answer has already been received

Ask a Question

Get answers from the community

600 characters remaining