Using your phone's internet browser
go to:
Click and drag this link to
the Home icon in your browser.

I have following queries:
1) I am a salaried employee(since 2005) and have home loan(since 2007). Last year I(as per the advise of my tax consultant) filed ITR-1. But I think I should have filed ITR-2.
2) From last year, my wife started to do stock trading(not intraday) and also taking tuitions. Last year she(as per the advise of our tax consultant) filed ITR-2. But I think she should have filed ITR-4.
So what corrections we can do for last year wrongly filed ITR form. Can we RE-SUBMIT the income tax return for last years in correct ITR FORM now? Please let us what we should do now.

Asked by Rahul Kumar, 20 Jul '09 09:57 am
  Invite a friend  |  
  Save  |  
 Earn 10 points for answering
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering    
4000 characters remaining  
Keep me signed inNew User? Sign up

Answers (1)


Yes you correct. You should have filed ITR 2 and your wife ITR 4.
Yes you can file REVISED returns.
Answered by Ujjal Sonthalia, 20 Jul '09 10:00 am

Report abuse
Not Useful
Your vote on this answer has already been received

Ask a Question

Get answers from the community

600 characters remaining

Related Answer


Earlier my CA used to fill I.T Return on physical form, from this year he is going to file it through e-filing system...more