Q.

Which era is called the golden era of indian music ?

Asked by Deepika Chakraborty, 26 Jun '09 05:07 pm

1.

Always
Answered by Manju Sikri, 27 Jun '09 08:45 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

If you mean music in Bollywood films, it was from early sixties to almost early eighties when great Music Directors like Naushad, SD Burman, Madan Mohan and Shankar Jaikishan were ruling the roost and when three greats Rafi, Mukesh and Kishore were the kings.
Answered by syed ilyas, 26 Jun '09 05:15 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

The Magical Years: 1960-1975

I have always been fond of old Hindi film music but it's always had to play second fiddle to my love for classical western music. I worship Mozart and Beethoven and that's the music I have listened to most for the last, well, 25 years of my life. However, 2008 brought about an unexpected change. I changed my job. The distance between home and work grew from being six kilometres to 46 (one way, of course) and apart from Mozart's concertos, Beethoven's symphonies and Puccini's operas, I started to listen to old Hindi film music. I must confess this was in deference to my driver, who I could see squirming visibly while driving me to and from work. I took pity on the poor bloke and decided to, well, lessen his agony by listening to old Hindi songs.

Answered by gsuryanarayana, 26 Jun '09 05:09 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

1960-1980
Answered by Anand, 26 Jun '09 05:09 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

1960-1980..when Kishore , Rafique and Mukla were there
Answered by Gosht Singh, 26 Jun '09 05:09 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

I agree Always
Answered by Motu, 23 Oct 08:37 am

(0)
 (0)
7.

1960 to 1980
Answered by Sagnik Biswas, 10 Mar 03:17 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

It is from i think from mid 50s to late 60s. This era is called as golden era of indian music if you consider in all Film industry, mainly Bollywood, and other Film world. there are number of music directors like Shankar Jaikishan, Salil Chowdhry, S.D. Burman, Roshan, Madan Mohan, O.P.Nayyar and above all Naushad ruled and there are immortal lyrists like Kafi Azmi, Shahir Ludhyanvi, Shailendra, Hasrat Jaipuri, Pradeep and other immortals and the singers like Lata, Rafi, Kishore, Manna Dey, Asha, Suman, Mubarak Begaum, Talat, Noor Jahan and other singers sand out of theri hearts to the great lyric of the masters and music directors and the same to south indian music , i.e the great vayalar in Malayalam, P.Leela, Yesudas etc and in Tamil M.S. Vishwanathan, Mahadevan and their songs are sung by P.Sushila, T.M.S. , Raja , Jikki and Janaki etc and hence i can vouch during the early 50s and the late 60s are great in Indian music.
Answered by Gopal, 27 Jun '09 05:01 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

The present era as the prices of GOLD is going very high every day. Rs 30/- increased in Delhi yesterday.
Answered by Srijith KP, 27 Jun '09 10:38 am

(0)
 (0)
10.

Golden era of Indian Music was called during 70 & 80's, when there were good musicians and singers.
Answered by RAJESH ALHAT, 27 Jun '09 10:20 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by HEMANT MEHTA