Q.

Why compact fluroscent is expensive even if its produce dim light as compare to the incandescent lamps? I am using both CFLs or incandescent lamps at my home & I've observed that CFLs is generally produce dim light and cost very expensive as compare to normal bulbs.

Tags: light, money, compare
Asked by Piyush Aggarwal, 04 Nov '11 03:32 pm

1.

Yes, you are right about the cost, I think this is because of the characteristics of the bulb, 1. long life 2. low energy consumption 3. eco friendly etc..you can go for Havells CFL they are having less price as compared.
Answered by Shubham Sharma, 14 Nov '11 02:29 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

A compact fluorescent lamp (CFL), also called compact fluorescent light, energy-saving light, and compact fluorescent tube, is a fluorescent lamp designed to replace an incandescent lamp; some types fit into light fixtures formerly used for incandescent lamps. They operate similarly to fluorescent tube lamps, except that they use a shorter tube, which is curved or folded to fit into the space of a bulb, and a compact electronic ballast in the base of the lamp.

Compared to general-service incandescent lamps giving the same amount of visible light, CFLs use less power (typically one fifth) and have a longer rated life (six to ten times average). In most countries, a CFL has a higher purchase price than an incandescent lamp, but can save over five times its purchase price in electricity costs over the lamp's lifetime. Like all fluorescent lamps, CFLs contain mercury, which complicates their disposal. In many countries, governments have established recycling schemes for CFLs and glass g ...more
Source: WIKI
Answered by jameel ahmed, 04 Nov '11 03:35 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

To woo the subscribers, Videocon is coming up with a never seen tariff structure in the country. The all new 0 paisa per second. As per the scheme if ..more

Answered by S