Q.

LG, Samsung, IFB, Godrej or any other -----which is the best brand for consumer durables (fridge, washing machines, microwave ovens etc) in general? Why?

Asked by Good Citizen, 18 Feb '10 12:28 pm

1.

LG & Samsung are neck to neck and fighting tooth and nail to oversmart each other.
The brand of LG is delightfully smart they always come up with new and innovative things, they add value to their products and Samsung is not far behind. Sometimes one is ahead of other and the other time it the opposite. Samsung beat LG in introducing HD (high-definition) TVs and LED TVs ....

Now lets see what they do : LG and Samsung's success is a function not just of what these two companies did, but also of what their competitors didn't do. The super-premium price and positioning of technologically superior Japanese brands like Sony and Panasonic made them inaccessible to most of the Indian market. On the other hand, lower-priced Indian brands offered old-generation products; they did not invest sufficiently in R&D because they were not able to launch new products quickly enough to amortize those costs.The other players in the consumer electronics space consider India a market for transactions, ...more
Answered by Mohammed asim nehal, 18 Feb '10 12:47 pm

(3)
 (0)
2.

None, it all depends on your luck. I have a godrej fridge at my parents house, its 40 years old yet no problem but I had to change two whirlpool fridges in the first week of purchase and sold the third fridge after a few years because it used to catch lots of moisture. I got my whirlpool automatic washing machine repaired thrise after the expiry of its guarantee period so I purchased a Samsung automatic machine, but it also had some problems during the warrenty period itself. I have a IFB micro wave but it also developed problems and had to be repaired within 6 months. Again that problem has started but I am not sure whether I should discard it
Answered by manoj thakur, 18 Feb '10 12:36 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

Washing Machine is of IFB and other items of LG r better in service.
Answered by krishna bhojwani, 18 Feb '10 12:39 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Short or Long Term ??Identically correlate Samsung Ya Nokia..more