Q.

Do dreams/nightmares reveal a pattern of fears/aspirations/desires/attainables and even the unattainables?

Asked by shintsie, 22 Mar '09 05:20 pm

1.

There is no scientific or logical reasoning to such conclusions or belief. However, some surveys conducted in this direction revealed that some individuals who experienced certain positive or adverse event/happening in their dreams did confront with those situations in the real life either immediately after the dreams or sometime later. But there is no set pattern . God has given all of us the sixth sense which facilitate us to foresee or feel the misfortune or mishap that may unfold in our life much in advance and it all depends on our karmas or level of intellect to take and understand these signals and if so up to what percentage and try out to defuse the gravity of such situations. Similarly in the event of premonition of some good indication, it would again depend upon our karma and intellect to encash that opportunity. Therefore this sixth sense constantly warns us of the bad times much in advance and that could be in the form or manner of dreams. To some extent yes the dreams ar ...more
Answered by om sharma, 22 Mar '09 05:53 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Dreams are not desires. There is a clear difference between the two. A dream is something that is there, and will remain there with you all your life, and lives after lives. And a dream sometimes sets you free, you dont need to take another birth after death, it liberates you. This happens because a dream is something that makes you a better human being, it is something - which you pursue, and by pursuing the dream - you become a better human being, a better human being to yourself - to your family - and to the rest of your world.

Whereas, a desire is something that is there for a limited span of time, and if it is there till the time you die, you do need to take another birth, come back to earth. A desire binds you. It does not help your soul to get liberated, get uplifted. So, yes, learning a classical instrument has been a little dream deep inside my heart, and I am thankful to God, that this dream is coming true finally.
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 23 Mar '09 09:58 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Exactly SS!!! Dreams has got its own meanings..
May be its due to ones fear or faith
Desires or destinations
Every dream has got its own meanings!!!

AEROSMITHS SONG ON DREAMS A GOOD ANSWER SS!!!

Everytime that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin clearer
Answered by anantharaman, 22 Mar '09 07:25 pm

(1)
 (0)

4.

Before answering, I must make it clear that I enjoy dreams; there may not be a single night where I have had no dream to remember. Even medically it is proved that dreaming is certainly an indication of healthy minds. Nightmare? To me nightmares are kind of frightening, outlandish experience occurs mainly allowing guilt feeling in person, rather matured person. Children scream because of nightmares but naturally their dreams concern with ghost stories, whereas case of grown up is different. I believe dreams does reveal a certain pattern relating with our desires, eventually whether these are outcome of fears, apprehensions, aspirations; it makes no difference as long as you are with a dream.
Answered by Indra Pawar, 23 Mar '09 12:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Ya today itself i had dreams all related to my desires , what i can have and what i cant have , revolving around my present life .
Answered by parul advani, 22 Mar '09 07:56 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

No reasoning..no co-relation...no conclusion...and no correctness ever found as to why any of dreams follows a particular pattern or otherwise....personally wat i feel that either they are connected wid ur past or your thoughts which are always travelling thru ur mind n body consciously or otherwise.....but d other part of dreams which always get us confused bcoz they have no connectivity at all....hence, assuming its d miracle of d Almighty best known to Him...just dont want to think abt it...
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 02 Apr '09 01:51 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Hahaha!! Dreams............. they are really fantastic!! At least for me. I think they not only reveal a certain pattern but also tell a lot about you and people around you and for me, they have been true almost every time.
Personally, my dreams are nothing but just a reflection of my repressed thoughts. When I go to sleep at night and slip into my dream state, I feel liberated and behave and act in a manner that I do not allow myself in my waking life. :))

On those attainable/unattainable results, I haven't been that much lucky. The hardest parts about having a dream is that when we test it in the laboratory of life, it often comes out looking completely different than what we had in mind or, worse, it doesnt come out at all. So far, it's not been a fair story to write down!!
Answered by prashant sharma, 25 Mar '09 04:51 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Yes. Dreams reflect our subconscious desires. Due exemptions for Daydreams have to be allowed.
Answered by sankaran subbiah, 25 Mar '09 10:45 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

Yes
Answered by balu, 23 Mar '09 12:22 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Yes wellsaid Ji. good defnition for Dreams.
Answered by bush laden, 22 Mar '09 05:21 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

I don't understand why we can't be together if we both love each other so much. But since it is really going to happen with us, I will feel terribly s..more

Answered by prashant sharma