Q.

I am interested in involving afforestation programme wherever with in India, Could u consider me (of course I am not belong to botony).

Tags: india, careers, education
Asked by TS RAO, 26 Nov '09 02:45 pm

1.

National Afforestation and Eco Development Board
In order to promote afforestation, tree planting ecological restoration and eco-development activities in the country. the National Afforestation and Eco-Development Board (External website that opens in a new window) (NAEB) was set up in August 1992 for promoting Special attention is also being given by the NAEB to the regeneration of degraded forest areas and lands adjoining forest areas, national parks, sanctuaries and other protected areas as well as the ecologically fragile areas like the Western Himalayas, Aravallis, Western Ghats etc.

Seven hundred forty three FDAs have been operationalised so far, since the launch of the FDA mechanism in 2000-01, at a cost of R. 1,920.69 crores to treat a total area of 12.31 lakh ha. (as on 19.11.2007). Bamboo Plantation, Medicinal Plants and bio fuel have been given adequate focus under NAP during the Tenth Plan period. Rehabilitation of shifting cultivation lands have been given specific fo ...more
Answered by Josna, 26 Nov '09 05:22 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Air cabin crew are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of passengers on a flight.They carry out a range of pre-flight duties: * welcoming pass..more

Answered by LALITKUMAR RANA