Q.

Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai are not the financial capitals of India, but Mumbai is. If the two business languages - English and Hindi - will be sidelined, then not only the national trade, but also the international trade will suffer. If Raj & Udhav Thackeray are so concerned about Marathi, then why do they send their kids to English Medium Schools? Why this hypocrisy??

Asked by cyrus irani, 05 Sep '08 09:53 pm

1.

One thing I fail to understand why they are wearing swanky western clothes. Why can't they wear the traditional Indian clothes? Why are they in Mumbai? Why can't they go and live in a village, live in a house made in mud and floor made from cow dung? Why are they maintaining these double standards?
Answered by Jack Johnson, 05 Sep '08 10:03 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

My dear Cyrus, I am a Maharashtrian, I studied in an English medium school and I have lived all my life in a cosmopolitan milieu, but I can read, write and speak Marathi better than most Maharashtrians, I am very careful to avoid mixing english and Hindi words in my laguage. I know Hindi and English equally well. I have heard the question that you have asked very often and I find it surprising that sensible people should raise it in the first place. Why should the children of these Marathi leaders not study in Englsih medium schools? How does that detract from their being as Maharashtrian as the next man? Actually, Kolkata and Chennai never have welcomed people from other states as did Maharashtra and the Marathi people and that is why they have remained what they are. And they are proud of it. If your read the history of Mumbai and these other cities, you will find that the British kept Indian businessmen out of Madras and Calcutta with every trick inside and outside of the bo ...more
Answered by Suresh Bhave, 05 Sep '08 10:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

It's because Thakeray is an English surname adopted by the forefathers of Thakerays as contended by Shobe De in Times of India. I don't know whether is it true or not.. but you can verifty the article in the said newspaper. I also have no idea that both Thakerays are against any language. I am of the opinion that they insist upon the local language be given it's due place. Such situations are arising out of the fact that metropolis have been included in the linguistic states. Formation of states as per so called language was faux pax comitted earlier and this mistake was compounded by the fact that cosmopolitan metros were included in such states as capital of the states. My personal opinion is that sending the children of those who espouse the cause of their mother tongue to English Medium school cannot be called hympocrisy as the local language schools are mostly government controlled and there seem to be no attempt at teaching in these schools.
Answered by Chandra sekhar Krishnan, 05 Sep '08 10:10 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I respect the cause for what raj and uddhav are doing but i dont like the way they are doing as you can see mumbai being in the heart of maharasthra and hardly any1 speaks marathi there and also the maharasthrian culture is being destroyed slowly. hardly u find even theatres screening marathi films all u hear is bOLLYWOOD so it is this particular reason for which i think they are concerned but i dont think they should be so violent they can easily spread their message thru gandhigiri
Answered by magadi ravikiran, 05 Sep '08 10:06 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Raj wants to create chaose for thakare fasmily as he is outlaw in that family all he is playiong is political game sooner or later rest of Maharashtra's resident will understand his game and he will be out of business dont worry his political life is not that long
Answered by Lucifer, 05 Sep '08 10:06 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

In india english is the first language. all most all other languages are only upto school level. we do not need to hippocritic about language. it is better to accept the fact.
Answered by govindaraju Ponnusami, 05 Sep '08 10:06 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

English is world language.
Answered by Rucha Kulkarni, 05 Sep '08 10:02 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Thakeray always do against the good
Answered by Classic, 05 Sep '08 10:01 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

To gain cheap popularity and election stun. What else?
Answered by GOPI KUMAR, 05 Sep '08 09:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Your Answer ...............
http://hospital.ebest.in/chennai/default.html
Answered by Ebest, 12 Nov '10 12:06 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Pancham made his acting debut in Mehmood's Bhoot Bangla, and also featured in Pyar Ka Mausam, in a comic role as Mr Popat Lal. Apart from film music, ..more

Answered by always fresh