Q.

AR Rehman deserves his two Grammies and also the publicity. But why Gulzar sa'ab's Grammy Award was not publicised and no such announcement was made?

Tags: music, politics & government, grammy award
Asked by Mitali Choudhury, 05 Feb '10 04:43 pm

1.

Gulzar is one of the most notable lyricists in the country and bagged 19 Film Fare award and 5 National awards. He worked with various talented and famous music directors like S D Burman, Salil Chowdhury, Shankar Ehsaan, Madan Mohan, R D Burman in yesteryears and contemporary music directors like A R Rahman, Anu Malik.

Gulzar is still waiting for the Grammy Award to reach him as he was not present in the ceremony. He mentioned that the Oscar had also come to him by courier. "It's a strange situation," he laughs. "Both Rahman and I were accorded our respective Grammy trophies. Unfortunately I wasn't in Los Angeles to collect mine. I don't know where it is. I hope it reaches me." said Gulzar.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 08 Feb '10 08:49 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

An omission, a mistake !
Answered by UMESH SHARMA, 10 Feb '10 05:17 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

To me it appears due to the vast difference in their age (I stand to correction, if wrong). Young prodigies receive more attention, recognition and publicity. It's not surprising there is age limit for many national and international awards including the famous Bhatnagar award considered as Indian Nobel in Science. It's not due to less respect or less ability.
Answered by Arakuzha Ramachandran, 05 Feb '10 05:12 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Because our media tends to give overexposure to some and no exposure to some if it had been Javed Akthat then all channels would have filled with that since Gulzar is a quiet person no channel is giving importance to him
Answered by true indian, 05 Feb '10 04:49 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

I think undue publicity is being given to Rehman.As such I am still not aware about Gulzar sahabs Grammy award.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 05 Feb '10 04:46 pm

(1)
 (0)