Q.

THIS FORUM LOST ITS GLAMOR & GLORY. Am very sad to see these fights and vengeance for nothing. Once they were very caring and loving to each other. Now compitating to throw dirt to each other for silly reasons. Seniors getting insulted. I loved this forum and its peoples very much. But now am feeling discomfort here. Can they again become friends like before ? Am planning to quit. DO YOU THINK THE SAME ?

Asked by peekay first, 04 Mar '09 07:19 pm

1.

Yes, you are not alone, that thought runs through my head quite often, even more so during days of unrest and amidst an antogonistic atmosphere. However, I dismiss that thought just as quickly. Nobody said life was plain sailing and easy, with everyone getting along well and being nice to each other - it doesn't happen in the real world so why should it be any different here! When things get tough and unpleasant in the real world do you say to yourself, "this isn't fun anymore I want to quit". No I bet you don't - you ride the storm or better still try to calm the troubled waters. You know that life has it's ups and downs but that doesn't mean it's not worth living - far from it. You get on with it and do what you can to make it a better place - therefore we can do the same here. So no more talk about quitting, remember you don't have to be here everyday, take a break involve yourself with other things then come back with a clear head. Don't let the bad guys grind you down - t ...more
Answered by Janis, 06 Mar '09 07:16 pm

(11)
 (0)
2.

Peekay Ji, we get all kinds, all types and all sorts of people here. Within few interaction I come to know with who I will be able to get on well and with who I will not be able to. I drop them like hot potatoes. All those who are on my list of permanent friends you will find their names featuring in my message box. I may not answer their question or they might not answer mine but we regularly greet each other and some times exchange messages beyond one liners. Many here do not understand that interacting on this forum is like walking on the streets where you are careful not to nudge others, not to stamp the toes of others. Besides, many here do not know how to respect the age of the person. Then many do not like even healthy criticism. My rule is if I make someone my friend then I at least pinch him once to see how he reacts. That reveals his true nature. It is then I decide whether he is worth keeping friend or not. To maintain peace and decorum of the forum the best thing one can do ...more
Answered by Jack Johnson, 09 Mar '09 06:26 am

(3)
 (0)
3.

QnA is a reflection of society and dont these things happen in real LIFE as well. Does it warrant ya to switch OFF from ya LIFE. Dont shed tears. Just ignore the mismongers and enjoy QnA
Answered by Saj Sierra, 04 Mar '09 08:08 pm

(3)
 (0)
4.

Sai Ram. Use all opportunities to explore your own mind and use the lessons to grow my dear friend. Quitting this forum will not change the world! Sai Ram.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 06 Sep '10 11:20 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

When I was reading this question, I could only envision one thing - YOU as the Monk who was standing so forlornly at the scene of the Kalinga carnage and asking heart wrenching questions to yourself:
- Why, why and why?
- What has been achieved or what was the purpose in the first place for this carnage?
- Has human beings lost their last vestige of compassion & ability to feel for each other?
-In the end, what have they achieved?

And inspite of the pain of wanton desolation, still able to pick yourselves up and bring back some semblance of normality in a world that is loosing its sense of direction and is too inwardly mindset that, we never realise the consequences of the action that we have unleashed.

Answered by Omega, 05 Mar '09 10:31 pm

(20)
 (1)
6.

Don't become so sentimental boss!!!!
I remember an old saying "don't spread yourself too thin" which is reiterated into the ongoing happenings at our forum.People are taking too much liberty to make personal attacks, there's a wrong misunderstanding but who cares, all are amused by playing their parts with few or more words of insult & hatred.I hope we will get back our tempo, the hangover will end soon when people will realize what they will get from such demoralizing arguments (it's not the cheapest adjective in my book).To continue with your feelings regarding this forum and forum members, I never had the idea that there are interesting and generous people across the world whom I never knew till the time I became regular here.The forum acquaint myself with the vast world full of like minded souls, which would have been entirely unknown to me.Yeah, this forum was more interesting and people were relatively more supportive, more interested in thought sharing.I remember how many tim ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 05 Mar '09 05:12 pm

(13)
 (1)
7.

Peekayji this is a passing phase. I don't think there has been any fighting or vengeance, whatever is happening is, at the most, misunderstanding and not more than that.

I personally feel that insults hurled by faceless people means nothing to us. Those whom we know very well and when they say something loaded with hidden meaning or don't say it to us but discuss elsewhere, it really hurts.

Same way everybody, seniors or juniors have self respect. Each member should be respected. We should remember this. The worst part is some of the members courted controversy knowing all consequences beforehand.

As I said whatever is happening can at its best or worst be termed as misunderstanding and can be sorted out by applying the principle of forgive & forget.

I would like to be the first to extend my apologies to anyone or everyone if any of my actions have hurt anyone. I wouldn't go into who was right or who was wrong and I don't carry forward bad vibes also unlike . . .

Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 05 Mar '09 09:12 am

(11)
 (5)
8.

I would be sorry, if you go. I would request you to stay back. Well, all types of people are everywhere. Are you visiting every Indian's house in the place you live? Are you on same friendly relation with every Indian in your city? No. It can't be. Same on this forum too.

What happened was deplorable. Period.
There is no denying and no justification.

Your quitting on this issue would send wrong signals. There is no guarantee, absolutely no guarantee that it won't happen again. Believe me, whatever I say to stand by your side or anyone else says, because technological advancements are double-edged swords going both ways and in this case, it would be in the hands of perpetrators too.

In this open forum, such things can't be stopped. You get one id blocked, another one will come up. It's easy. We need to learn with certain potential hazards and if it comforts I am together with you in the same boat.

Answered by manish varma, 06 Mar '09 04:23 pm

(13)
 (0)
9.

Dear PK1st, Good evening, It is really sad to note that seniors are not being treated properly here in this forum. Very sad to note that you are contemplating QUIT. Sometime back some other senior members were treated badly. On this forum, I find people are doing some reckless communication without feeling for other members. It may be a timepass sport for them to create an unhealthy enviornment and laugh at it. They may well be pushed to the wall once we ignore their silly / useless remarks, block them for provocative / insulting remarks so as to never to cross the path of each other. If someone is at fault, they must pay for it. Why those members who are wise and this forum can be benifitted of. Please stay and convey every senior and other respected members to counter them with wisdom than QUITS. I for one don't mind targetting that person, if according to me, I find anyone insulting anyone for no rhyme, If I could know who and context. I wish to see you all here on this forum smil ...more
Answered by prabhat kumar kumar, 04 Mar '09 07:34 pm

(13)
 (0)
10.

Am banking on YOU to help restore things to normalcy.....YOU, of all people, CANNOT afford to quit, PK
Answered by Lion Heart, 05 Mar '09 04:55 pm

(12)
 (1)

Q.

Ibn Abi Umar (RA) conveyed news to us (that) Sufyaan (Ibn Uyaynah) (RA) conveyed news to us, from (the authority of) Amru bin Dinaar (RA) from (the au..more

Answered by LIPSIKA