Q.

I did'nt get any satisfactory answer on moharram?

Tags: careers, satisfactory answer
Asked by rajeev yadav, 16 Dec '10 04:05 pm

1.

Every year the Shia Muslims commemorate the martyrdom of Imam Hussein. For ten days the people mourn the death of the Imam, his family and followers. They wear black, attend meetings and carry out processions to express their grief.

To the Shia Muslims around the world Muharram is like a season-dark, somber and sacred. The colour of the season is black. For Muharram is the month of mourning. For the first ten days of Muharram, which begins this year on July 13, Muslims gather in mosques and shrines, in mosques and shrines, dressed in black to mourn for Imam Hussein, grandson of the Prophet Muhammed who was slain with his family and followers in the battle of Karbala in the year 680. Islamic history recounts that Hussein with a band of seventy-two came to deliver Iraq from the pretender. They came under siege by the Ommayad army of Yazid and were deprived of food and water for the first ten days of the month. On the tenth, known as the day of Ashura, Hussein was killed. One by one th ...more
Answered by saranathan Narasimhan, 16 Dec '10 04:07 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Say Happy Moharram, Boss. BTw, wish him if he is only shia muslim
Answered by kasak, 16 Dec '10 04:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Google it. You will get ample of information.
Answered by sumati gayki, 16 Dec '10 04:05 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Fine
Answered by anil garg, 09 Oct '13 12:36 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

Moharram is a month of Islamic calender , can we wish happy january happy december ??????
Muslims have Just two festivals from Quran and Sunnah of Prophet pbuh
1- eid al fitr -festivties after end of fasting moth of Ramadhan
2- Eid al Azha -festival of sacrifice
You can say happy eid for above two or Eid saeed or simply happy Eid . you intention is more important than the words and Allah knows the intentions . it is not obligatory to wish though ...
thanks dear for asking good question
Answered by Ajeebdastan, 17 Jan '11 09:28 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

Moharram is the first month of Hijra year(starts from migration of prophet from Makka to Madina) ie first month of the year
In lhe last sermon of Prophet (pbuh) said
Remember, one day you will appear before God and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.
O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.
All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O God, that I have conveyed your message to your people".
Source: http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHadith.php?keyword=muharram+&translator=1&search=1&book=&start=0&records_display=10&search_word=all
Answered by yusuf syed, 17 Jan '11 03:54 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

Its muslims festival
Answered by Shiva, 16 Dec '10 04:17 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Holiday manao
Answered by Avtar Khalsa, 16 Dec '10 04:10 pm

(0)
 (0)