Q.

I have booked one flat in suburban area of mumbai on 29 Dec 2010. Till date I have paid Rs 5 lacs as token amount and 20% of the flat cost. HDFC bank has approved a loan of Rs 22.68. I will get the possesion of the house in the month of June 2011. The loan has been sanctioned but not disbusred. Kindly advise me whether I should go for pre-emi or ADF. also advise how can i use this home loan for tax saving. I am residing at same place in a rented house. Can i claim tax benefit on both home loan and HRA?

About: Taking a home loan? Take pre-EMI

Asked by Atul Joshi, 18 Jan '11 03:45 pm

1.

Your tax benefit on the new loan will start from the date you will draw amount from it.
Answered by sushil trivedi, 29 Mar '11 02:03 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Your tax benefit on the new loan will start from the date you will draw amount from it. Approval does not amount to enjoying the limit. If the amount is drawn before march, and interest accrual is there till
31 st march, the amt. you can claim exemption to the extent the interest will be applied on 31st march.
Please explore new provisions of tax savings from the tax-booklet. Also wait for the provisions in the ensuing budget which will be useful for you after the march.
Answered by Om Shrivastava, 18 Jan '11 03:51 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by anantharaman