Q.

Raj Nand Gaon and Jhumri Talaiya. Do these names ring any bell for people today? In the days of Vividh Bharathi and Radio Ceylon(now Sri Lanka) there used to be many listeners in these two places who kept on sending requests for any number of Hindi film songs to be broadcast.I wonder what happened to those listeners' clubs now? Can anyone enlighten me on that? Also pl let me know where these places are. God willing, I would like to visit those places.

Tags: places, people, god
Asked by MangeswaraSastryB, 28 Mar '08 11:01 am

1.

Source : www.wikipedia.org

Jhumri Tilaiya was originally a sleepy mining town, which became famous in India due to its connection with Vividh Bharati programmes. When television channels and FM radio stations were not common in India, the Vividh Bharati radio programmes were very popular. A large number of song requests for the Vividh Bharati programmes would come from Jhumri Tilaiya[1]. Youngsters in the town would compete on who sent out the most song requests in a day or month. Almost all Vividh Bharati Radio listeners were aware of the name of this town.

Some people used to doubt the existence of Jhumri Tilaiya, thinking of it as an imaginary place This reference is made in several Hindi movies

Jhumri Tilaiya is situated about six kilometers from Koderma, close to Bodh Gaya. The entire town is divided by the grand cord line of Eastern Railway, which passes through the middle of the town.

Answered by KUNJAN VYAS, 28 Mar '08 12:18 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Malum nahi.....lekin bahot baar Radio par naam suna hai.....abhi woh FM sunate honge......
Answered by Vilas Pardhe, 28 Mar '08 11:05 am

(0)
 (0)