Q.

The word "camera has it's root in which other word ?

Tags: health, education, word
Asked by onlytruth, 04 Feb '12 12:36 pm

1.

Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen), the "father of optics" and pioneer of the modern scientific method, invented the camera obscura and pinhole camera.
In ancient times, Euclid and Ptolemy believed that the eyes emitted rays which enabled us to see. The first person to realise that rays of light enters the eye, rather than leaving it, was the 10th century Muslim mathematician, astronomer and physicist Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen), who is regarded as the "father of optics".He is also credited with being the first man to shift physics from a philosophical activity to an experimental one, with his development of the scientific method. The word "camera" comes from the Arabic word qamara for a dark or private room.
Answered by truthmissile, 04 Feb '12 12:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I agree!. I agree!. Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen), the "father of optics" and pioneer of the modern scientific method, invented the camera obscura and pinhole camera.
Answered by tanu, 28 Oct 09:20 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Answered by Motu, 28 Oct 09:12 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

I agree!. Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen), the "father of optics" and pioneer of the modern scientific method, invented the camera obscura and pinhole camera.
Answered by pichku tube, 28 Oct 09:09 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a small pouch that projects out from the lower end of the caecum, a part of the larg..more

Answered by Vaishali