Q.

Honesty is the best policy - please review.

Asked by soumyen sarkar, 05 Jun '09 06:28 am

1.

Honesty is not the best policy - however it is an easy policy to follow; effective deception requires a lot of effort. There may be need for subterfuge to avoid causing harm.
Answered by Shahryar Pax, 05 Jun '09 07:22 am

(6)
 (0)
2.

Another whiteman's dumb saying. Honesty can never be a POLICY. Policy is a planned behaviour or strategy to achieve a projected result, hence false ! By making it into a policy, u r no more honest. If u r really honest, where is the need for a policy?
Answered by Shunmugham, 05 Jun '09 01:29 pm

(6)
 (0)
3.

Honesty is the best policy. If I lose mine honor, I lose myself. William Shakespeare
What is uttered from the heart alone, Will win the hearts of others to your own.
To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; credible we must be truthful. quotes

Honesty is ofcourse the best policy one should practice; but some times the most difficult one too. We should justify the situation and be honest as per that. Some times truth becomes so bitter and difficult to swallow. We can only give pain to others by telling such truths, it is better to avoid that.
Honesty is the rarest wealth anyone can possess, and yet all the honesty in the world ain't lawful tender for a loaf of bread quote
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 05 Jun '09 11:59 am

(6)
 (0)
4.

I agree Honesty is best policy. This agreement itself is dishonest.

William Shakespeare quotes Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

I like to agree Honesty is the best policy -- when there is money in it.

Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy..
Coz days are like that.

Answered by anantharaman, 05 Jun '09 09:08 am

(6)
 (0)
5.

Honesty is the best policy! There is no doubt about it. Where we are and what we are doing are very important here. In reality honest people are deceived by dishonest people by exploiting them or using them as scapegoats. So, one should know with whom we are moving and accordingly act in all situations. Among good people we have to be honest and among prudent people we have to be prudent. If we are honest in wrong place we will be in great trouble. But in general we have to be honest in our work having the greater interest of world in mind!
Answered by T A RAMESH, 05 Jun '09 11:58 am

(5)
 (0)
6.

Honestly speaking this is still best policy. Only thing is that u should have patience.
Answered by sanjeev gupta, 05 Jun '09 06:56 am

(5)
 (0)
7.

Yes. It gives immense mental strength within self.
Answered by prabirb, 05 Jun '09 06:55 am

(5)
 (0)
8.

Yes I agree with this famous adage. Honesty is one of the best virtues of a person and if he/she is able to retain it in today's world it is a tremendous achievement indeed. True honesty does get buried down amidst the rampant corruption prevailing in evey sphere of society these days.An honest person finds himself/herself way behind in the rat race and the stiff competition. Almost no one gives any importance to him/her .But if he/she carries on being honest and upright surely he/she will get his/her dues one day. I respect honest people . They are like gods to me. So I ask them to be honest and never give up this wonderful quality of theirs come what may. This is my ode to honesty.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 05 Jun '09 02:10 pm

(4)
 (0)
9.

Honesty is all-time a best policy.. but will it be wise being honest in a confused situation where so many other good and helpless people are unable to express their qualities due to their state of mind or other reasons?our honesty and sincerity shouldn't disturb or trouble good people..
Answered by magi, 05 Jun '09 09:48 am

(4)
 (0)
10.

Pretty easy to talk philosophies similar to what quoted. But the concerning factor is whether human beings are capable to maintain and adherer with them quotations ??? And according to me, if a war could be avoided, if some severe consequence and subsequent frictions or shoot-outs could be eliminated, if an irreparable breakage in love....passion...understanding....bonding....attachments etc. could be thus evaded - a simple LIE thus hiding the honesty or truth is far better than remaining honest or truthful, yar.....
Answered by Easy, 05 Jun '09 06:50 am

(3)
 (0)

Q.

1. Research before you go (before you even apply). Well before your first job interview, before the phone screen, before you even call or send a resum..more

Answered by PARTHA PATHAK