Q.

Can i represent my son and argue the case as a party-in-person in an appeal filed in state consumer commission, hyderabad with a general power of attorney executed in my favour by my son. please quote the relevant clause / rule in my support as the
advocate of opposite party objected to it. thanks.

Tags: person, thanks, general
Asked by srinivasa rao, 04 Jul '10 11:18 am

1.

NATIONAL CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL COMMISSION,NEW ELHI IN REVISION PETITION NO. 1017 OF 2002(From the order dated 10.4.2002 in OP No.104/00 of the State Commission, Tamil Nadu) has ordered thus, We, thus conclude that a party to the proceeding before the District Forum/State Commission has right to authorise a person of his choice to represent him and appearance of such agent authorised by the party on the date of hearing before District Forum/State Commission is not restricted to physical appearance but includes in terms of Rule 4(7) 4(8) or 9(6) of Rules of 2000 to examine and cross examine the witness, address the court and take part in the proceedings as the case may be. Any other view may defeat the very objectives for which Act of 1986 was enacted.. So there is you have every right to represent your son with his authorization in a consumer forum.
Answered by Josna, 04 Jul '10 11:37 am

(3)
 (0)
2.

Yes
Answered by anil garg, 18 Jul '11 06:26 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

I think individuals can argue their cases successfully in courts of this land. So, it should be possible, though I cannot quote the relevant clause / rule as I am not a legal man.
Answered by Dharmarajan, 04 Jul '10 11:24 am

(0)
 (0)