Q.

A stray cat has made my home his abode. What should i feed him (vegetarian preferably) and at what intervals?????

Asked by Lion Heart, 18 May '09 11:19 am

1.

Cats are not vegetarian - they need a balanced diet which includes meat and occasional fish (boned). So even if you are a vegetarian please feed this cat properly. You can poach some chicken portions on the stove but the bones have to be removed - chicken bones splinter and can damage a cats throat. Same with fish, cook it lightly but remove the bones. Raw minced beef is a real favourite but it has to be fresh. Best of all can you buy some tins of proper cat food then you will not have to fiddle and the tinned food already contains all the right nutrients, vitamins and minerals. If you can do this then you will not have to handle food with which you are not comfortable. Dont give the cat milk, cats are usually lactose intolerant and milk makes them sick. Always have fresh water available for the cat to drink. I wish you well with this cat and if you do adopt him or her then please take the cat to the vet to be neutered if its a male or spayed if its a female to prevent unwanted ...more
Answered by Janis, 19 May '09 02:06 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

I would appreciate if you keep this cat as your pet. Cats are great pets and recognise those who feed it even after long intervals. Give milk, roti and rice. The cat likes non-veg food, specially fish. You can buy some cheap fish (one or two) just for the cat although I sense you are vegetarian. Otherwise the cat will manage to eat some mice. Whenever the cat is hungry, it will mew in a different way and you can make out it is hungry.
Answered by Francisco, 18 May '09 06:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Once I fed milk and milk rice for such cat ....until I was transfered from the Place.....!!!
Answered by anantharaman, 18 May '09 11:22 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Start with milk
she will show her taste regularly
Answered by anil garg, 01 Jun '10 11:11 pm

(0)
 (0)