Q.

I read an answer in this forum that an Indian have stashed away $1456 billions (nearly 65, 000, 00 crores) in Swiss banks ----quoting Swiss Banking Association report of 2006. Obviously he has to be a politician. Can some one give a hint which part of India he belongs to, if it is not possible to name him?

Asked by Good Citizen, 31 May '10 02:53 pm

1.

This is a question put up here on QNA by me, and is not an answer.
Secondly it is not "an Indian". This amount is the total amount belonging to "dishonest Indians" who have stashed away this money in Switzerland. Thirdly this amount is more than the combined amount of "dishonest" people of countries of the entire world. Fourthly if all this amount is brought back here, it can clear India's entire debt 13 times over...the amount left will be more than India's annual budget hence you will not have to pay taxes...and still enough will be left to give Rs. one lakh to each and every poor man.
This was in an article in ToI written by the reputable columnist Jug Suraya. The date of that News paper is the same date on which I had posted this question (immediately after reading the article).
Answered by QueSera Sera, 31 May '10 03:08 pm

(3)
 (0)

2.

Surprise u as it may, u can get a Swiss bank for as less as 75 lakh, and a lot of guys can afford it. I am willing to bet that more so than the politician, it is the frustrated businessman who has stashed up his wealth in those Swiss banks. A Politician doesn't need to do that, he can move black money in India itself, by just building a few more Engineering colleges :)

In India, whether u like or dislike, when u r introduced into the business world, the initiation is rough in sense that EVERYONE wants to grab a piece of u and don't even want to spare u r pubes. When u r an upstart businessman, u r made to run like a dog from pillar 2 post 2 get a bank approval. Then when u set up u r factory, u have CTO / Health Inspectors / EB supervisors and Panchayat chiefs demanding money. This is b4 u have made u r first unit of goods to be produced!

Answered by A Moin, 31 May '10 06:50 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

It is not ''he''but ''they''.They r from differnt parts of the country n r mostly politicians n businessmen .
Answered by Damodar Biswal, 31 May '10 04:40 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

I also read this but I think this was the figure of total deposits made by Indians in Swiss Banks and not by any single individual.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 31 May '10 03:00 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

I don't think China is "scared" of India....even our own IAF Air Chief Marshall admitted that India has 1/3rd of China's airforce strength. And China ..more

Answered by A Moin