Q.

It is being announced that the new runway of Mangalore Airport allows no room for error and landing has to be precise otherwise accidents will happen.
My question is - why build such runways that allow for no margin of error?
( Pilots are human after all. This pilot it seems realized he was at the edge of the valley and tried to take off again but failed and the plane crashed.)

Tags: travel, health, science
Asked by joyoti sen, 22 May '10 11:46 am
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

We must felicitate the engineers and architects of this project who never thought of such situation arise while take-off and landing heavy international flights when there is a big valley open at the end of the run way and pilots have no chance to save the aircraft and lives in crisis.
Answered by uv dabholkar, 22 May '10 11:58 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Its a table top airport...surrounded by gorges...easily they can say dat...so many families must hav lost their sole bread earner..
Answered by beena john, 22 May '10 11:48 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Comrade, the Mangalore Airport = a aircraft carrier type landing, and as far as to my knowledge, people land aircrafts in aircraft carriers ALL the time.

Also in the world of commercial aviation training in the free market world, it trains u to do a landing approach to near perfection but it don't teach u 2 horse feces worth on what 2 do when things go wrong.

If I had my 2 Hindustan Dinar's worth of say to the Indian Government......I would NEVER select folk from commercial training institute, I would simply expel those institutes in India- and ONLY get civil aviation staff inducted from personnel who have flown MiG-21's for the Hindustan AIr Airmy / IAF or whatever u call it....for 10 years and is alive.

Answered by A Moin, 25 May '10 10:04 pm

(0)
 (0)