Q.

One must admit that Mr. PC is very shrewd because-
1) At the earliest opportunity he shifted from finance to home affairs ( although he loves finance for reasons need not be mentioned) & saw to that CBI safeguards his interest.CBI has not not produced any paper which pointed to implicate him;2) Unlike other poiltician he has not spoken to media at all to avoid problems in the future 3) After leakage of finance ministry letter to P.M puting blame on him, he said, he would comment ,once the P.M. was back from foreign tour, but , heard nothing from him so far.- Is he very cunning?

Tags: money, relationships, entertainment
Asked by venkatesaldevarajan, 10 Dec '11 08:06 am

1.

Yes, he is very shrewd and a planner. But his shifting from Finance to Home was by the pressure of Manmohan , I think as M.M. preferred Mukherjee to toe his line better. The result , retrospectively analyzed gave him great advantage. "Urvasi Sapam Upakaram" (curse of Urvasy on Arjuna became blessingfor him in his "Angatha vasam". Chidambaram ia also very lucky!!!
Answered by Arakuzha Ramachandran, 10 Dec '11 08:22 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Alibaba & 4othieves gang na
But he is not Alibaba
Regarding his shrewdness, we have to accept it.
Miserably he failed to give comments when Raja fixed(?) the price for Spectrum even though he was fully aware of the pros and cons
Answered by hitler, 10 Dec '11 08:16 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

I think I have a different perception here.

He was forced into the Finance Minsitry after the fiasco of a HM we had in Shivraj Patil, immediately after the Mumbai Terror Attacks. As is known to everyone, PC's interest lies in Finance Ministry. He was known to be a good administrator and PM wanted someone to placate the mood of the public after the attacks. So he brought in PC to the HM.

To my knowledge, I don't think CBI reports to the Home Ministry. It comes under the PMO. Check this out if I am right.

There could be so many other interests that could be protected by protecting the HM. Hence the PM and Government defends him.

PC is a much educated man, a top lawyer himself, and knows well to do or to not to certain things in certain times. That makes him somewhat different from others in Centre.
Answered by S. Ramesh, 10 Dec '11 08:13 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Thats why he is a Minister. CHOR, double standards thief
Answered by hema Devi, 10 Dec '11 08:08 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

Thats why he is still in the ministry
Answered by iqbal seth, 10 Dec '11 08:08 am

(1)
 (0)