Q.

On what Topic did Swami Vivkanada GAVE THAT FAMOUS SPEECH IN CHICAGO ?

Tags: topic, chicago, news & events
Asked by truth exposed, 10 Nov '12 02:05 pm

1.

Vivekanada's Chicago speech topic is Hinduism at the Parliament of the World's Religions, Chicago in 1893.
Answered by LIPSIKA, 10 Nov '12 02:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

He emphasized the importance of Religious tolerance and harmony of all religions after the brief introduction on Hinduism and Buddhism.
Answered by Joseph Chacko, 10 Nov '12 02:31 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

In this famous speech, Swami Vivekananda spoke of his vision for an end to violence and fanaticism. His message of the 1800's is as timely and fitting now, in the 2000's, as it was then, over 100 years ago.

Coincidence of dates

Most of us involved in spiritual pursuits know of the many mysterious coincidences that seem to come from time to time. Occasionally, one of these so-called coincidences is so strong as to leave us momentarily speechless. Such a coincidence exists with the date of Swami Vivekananda's message. In the East, the number 108 has been described as having great significance (See the article on the meanings of the number 108). This first message of Swami Vivekananda in America, often said to be a key point of the bridging of Eastern and Western spirituality, and the coming of yoga to the West, was given on September 11, 1893, exactly 108 years, to the day, before the date September 11, 2001, the date of the bombing of the World Trade Center. Whether by coincidenc ...more
Answered by saranathan Narasimhan, 10 Nov '12 02:48 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

It fills my heart with joy unspeakable to rise in response to the warm and cordial welcome which you have given us. l thank you in the name of the most ancient order of monks in the world; I thank you in the name of the mother of religions; and I thank you in the name of the millions and millions of Hindu people of all classes and sects. My thanks, also, to some of the speakers on this platform who, referring to the delegates from the Orient, have told you that these men from far-off nations may well claim the honor of bearing to different lands the idea of toleration.I am proud to belong to a religion which has taught the world both tolerance and universal acceptance. We believe not only in universal toleration, but we accept all religions as true. I am proud to belong to a nation which has sheltered the persecuted and the refugees of all religions and all nations of the earth. I am proud to tell you that we have gathered in our bosom the purest remnant of the Israelites, who came to ...more
Answered by Ataur Rahman, 10 Nov '12 02:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

His vision for an end to violence and fanaticism.
Answered by BhuvnasBoyfriend, 10 Nov '12 02:10 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Sanatam dharm :D
Answered by conviction, 14 Apr '13 09:02 pm

(0)
 (0)