Q.

Even death of a beloved, like wife,mother,son etc only last for days only and you go on moving to do your chores. And as such I do not understand some who declare that they are shattered by love failure and are unable to forget her for years. Have any body seen a Devadoss , Romeo or Majnu in real life.? I have seen none so far in my life.

Asked by Josna, 07 Dec '09 09:43 am

1.

Sai Ram. Life moves on and the person may seem to lead a normal life but in some moments when the memory of the departed person comes up, tears well up. Do you think they are faking it? And it need not be only a love or spouse. It can be a close friend or brother or sister etc. too. You might not have experienced such pain and God willing, I hope you will be spared of such pain. I am writing from personal experience.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 07 Dec '09 09:57 am

(0)
 (0)

2.

No need to be a Devdas, Romeo or Majnu when you have responsibilites on your shoulder. Yes, its true that it is not possible to forget someone you loved and it is very hard to accept that the person is no more. But, still we have to look other people who are equally important to us. I have seen many women who didn't get married for the sake of their children. & i will say that they are "true lovers". They brought up their children in a very good environment and never let their children to feel father's absense.
Answered by sumati gayki, 07 Dec '09 10:02 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

One just can not generalize.Individuals and their perceptions vary,as per their mindsets and their emotional bondings and depth of the relationship. I know of many people,who have been shattered by the loss of a dear one,and haven't been the same ever since. I too lost two people within last 12 years. Trust me,life changes. There are those who mock it,and then there are those,who don't feel it. But to cope with life after the losses is not that easy. It just doesn't remain the same. But you do have a point,there are few who just don't bother,and move on...from one relationship to another..and then to another...as per their needs and their desires. The past just doesn't either haunt them,or trouble them enough to give some dignified time and gap,before hopping into another relationship.
Answered by shintsie, 07 Dec '09 10:12 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Neither i have seen. But yes, the pain of broken friendship/ love relationship lasts for equally long time.
Answered by Tushar Kher, 07 Dec '09 09:51 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

I know a women whose husband died within 7 years of her marriage, i.e. she got married in 30.11.1984 and her husband died on 10.09.2001, but she didn't get remarried andis brought up the boy who is now at marriageable age, can you not say her sacrifice for the sake of her son the greatest memorial for her husband.
Answered by tinamohamedali, 07 Dec '09 09:49 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Death of a loved one is painful and one feels totally shattered....the loss can never be recovered or replaced and will always be felt in the heart and grief and pain is natural response to the loss. However life does go on.....not in the same way....but with unimaginable and subtle changes...it is definitely a life changing event. But our connection to that person doesnt stop at their death...we still remain connected but at a different level.

Grief is a personal process...and each deals with the loss in different way. .Some ppl understand the futility of grieving ....accept death more easily as a part of our life ...move on with only the memories and there are others who hold on to their grief...refuse to let it go .and allow it to overwhelm them and ultimately destroy them. Devdas, Majnu and others fall in the latter category.

Answered by sumitha, 07 Dec '09 12:57 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

So many big big answers . i quit
Answered by sharad sharad, 07 Dec '09 10:24 am

(0)
 (0)
8.

Many times our judgment is based on our personality and outlook; yes you are right from your point of view ; but for a more sensitive person departure of the loved one, failure in first love, losing a hard earned job etc. can have very serious effects leading to even lunacy. I have seen such people. Sensitivity varies widely; a practical person reduces it. He will be more successful(?) in present day.
Answered by Arakuzha Ramachandran, 07 Dec '09 09:58 am

(0)
 (0)
9.

Aise logo ke liye girl friend kee importance wife, mother, sister, se jyaadaa hoti hain,
Answered by anjan pandey, 07 Dec '09 09:54 am

(0)
 (0)
10.

They are not really shattered or unable to forget,it is that they want to appear to be sincere I have come across a case in real lfie when the widow of a deceased man wept and wept but due to govt policy she got compassionate appointment and a couple of months after joining the institution, she became MISTRESS of a colleague, and is still so and spending almost all her savings on him
Answered by rajnikant raiyarela, 07 Dec '09 09:47 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by Gopal