Q.

Of course it is nice saying -----work without expecting any reward. But can one endlessly work without any reward? If so what is the motivating factor for him to work like that?

Tags: careers, education, motivating factor
Asked by Good Citizen, 09 Oct '12 01:31 pm

1.

Yes, its not easy to do so but once one understands that the rewards are not in our control then one is able to devote in a much better mindset towards work. As its aptly described in the GITA "Karm karo aur phal ki chinta chod do". So, one should believe in giving 100% towards Karma & leave the rest on the almighty to bless with the rewards for them. It is not easy to practice it but with patience & devotion one can achieve it to make it a regular practice!!
Answered by dharamender nebhnani, 10 Oct '12 10:34 am

(1)
 (0)

2.

Maybe think on volunteers: they work without any reward in view... And their reward comes as well, much faster and bigger than you might expect.
In fact whole humanity should be a more unselfish: would be closer to paradise.
My motivation for unselfish work is idealism. In my youth it was feeded by a belief in making this world a better and healthier place. nowadays it is feeded by the mahatmas like Buddha Jesus Ramakrishna SaiBaba and other gurus/Masters
Answered by Carol Vandecasteele, 10 Oct '12 08:25 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

When a work is done rewards comes on its own as night follows the day. So no need to think of the reward while working. As this would only distract the mind and affect the performance. For One who concentrates on work, the successful completion of the task itself will become the motivation to work. Moreover the saying does not mean don't earn only work. It means once you have decided to do a work for a particular pay packages then don't keep thinking of the package or unnecessarily worry whether you will be paid or not. Just do the work, on completion of the work payment will come on its own.
Answered by Shyam, 09 Oct '12 02:10 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

Although it resembles the preaching of Bhagavad Gita : Jo hua, accha hua, Jo ho raha hai, accha ho raha hai, Jo hoga woh bhi accha hi hoga" or karam karo phal ki aasha maat koro but I am bit allergic to these sayings. I am a common man ... I have a strong desire to succeed and if it fails , it is never best to me ... it hurts me to the bone. But again , I see how quickly I get up.

I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win. The first rule is not to lose. The second rule is not to forget the first rule. But you are correct that we must accept finite disappointment with our sportsman spirit , but never lose our infinite hope to come back strongly in the next game

I don't agree because we must give our best to make it happen best ... then hope for the best but at the same time be prepared for the worst
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 10 Oct '12 10:43 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

Nothing goes in this world without selfish. Even Buddha, mother Theresa everyone dedicated themself for good deeds for higher level of selfishness.
Answered by MAdhavan Avadhany, 09 Oct '12 01:34 pm

(1)
 (0)