Q.

Why do some learned men find it difficult to accept a woman's literary brilliance unconditionally? I feel they want her to seek their approval. Why?

Asked by Audrey Tata, 27 May '09 12:02 pm

1.

:-))))
This question is too close home,I witnessed this here ,on this very forum...and trust me,it was claustrophobic..under the facade of care and protection,i was gradually drawn into something pretty unpleasant and shocking...and the basic problem lay with the kind of appreciation I would draw.
Often I was told,by the same source that it all came to me ,cause I am a female...I was told,it was less cause of my intellect,more cause of my gender that ppl appreciated me...it made me laugh aloud so many times,but it was pointless to attempt a change of mind,cause such ppl have such notions as an ailment within their being.
but...
Then,I did come across some awesome individuals,men in particular,since u have asked about them,who truly respected me for my capabilities,my expertise and no other reason,since they just know the answerer and the questioner here.
Answered by shintsie, 27 May '09 01:02 pm

(6)
 (6)
2.

Its the thief hiding inside them that forces people to accept someone\'s brilliance be it a man or woman. And when the character gets further deteriorated the gender bias erodes the thoughts further... It is very well noticed that men tend to be more protective towards women at the very first instance of meeting or knowing them... They then tend to behave more fatherly theoretically in an anticipation that all other external communication as well as actions that woman performs will pass through them. This tendency of considering themselves as firewall stops them to accept anything great or even above average done by that woman.
And when it comes to literary brilliance, some of them impose their so-called expertise in that field and try to prove self more capable, others start condemning either in a silent way or like guerrillas...and some who do justice to their learning accept the literary brilliance unconditionally, impartially and humbly...
Answered by sanjay sharma, 28 May '09 03:02 am

(3)
 (0)
3.

If it is so then it is one more example of myriads of obstacles women are made to overcome in male-dominated societies .But it ought to be noted that women have excelled greatly over the past few centuries in literature eg George Eliot , George Sand (both females wrote under male pen-name ) , Jane Austen , The Brontes , Virginia Wolfe , Sylvia Plath , Toni MOrrison, Nadine G......... Women have done as well in Visual Arts , Music composition .
Answered by mahesh chandra, 27 May '09 12:16 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

For authoritive power
Answered by priti kaur, 27 May '09 12:04 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

They have been suffering from Egoism , nothing else . moreover they think women are not A class citizen
Answered by gouri ghosh, 27 May '09 12:09 pm

(1)
 (1)
6.

Sir your question is very true. i think this may be their either ego problem or they are still living in mens world.
Answered by vitesh thacker, 27 May '09 12:06 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Such men are not learned men.. they are men who have learned but not imbibed the learning. Real learned men will always accept a woman\'s literary brilliance and also voice their approval.
Answered by Juliana, 27 May '09 12:04 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

This was the message in north, south, east and west where Congress expanded its space at the cost of both friends and foes. Chandrababu Naidu will sur..more