Q.

Non Hindus are not allowed in Guruvayooor temple.Non Muslims are not allowed in Mecca !!!!! Think Over?

Tags: travel, think, muslims
Asked by prasanth kilikar, 28 Nov '09 07:09 pm
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

Great Minds Think Alike!!!! Since both have similar way of thinking and both are two sides of the same coin, then why we can't say Hindu Muslim Bhai Bhai??
Answered by QueSera Sera, 28 Nov '09 07:16 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

There is no need to visit someone else's place of worship if you do not have faith in that religion. Temples are not picnic spots. One must go there only with the intent of worship.
Answered by joyoti sen, 28 Nov '09 11:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Hi ,About Guruvayour temple I can say that it is not an individual decisionof any person..It is the decision of a huge body who have reasons for it.A Hindu Minisiter of Kerala was not allowed to do a ritual for his grand child inside the temple due to inte-religion issue he had in his own family.The temple is strict with entry rule.If a Temple prefer to maintain certain rules ,on certain beliefs, no one has to feel offensive about it. Is it necassary for non Hindus to visit a place or insist for entry ,where they are not Welcome.
Answered by Rachana, 28 Nov '09 08:36 pm

(2)
 (1)
4.

I have my own solutions for such problems... others need not follow... I never visit a place of worship where there are restrictions... or those who close their doors or where it is very crowded.

I have prayed in Temples, Mosques, Gurudwaras and Churches. I never faced any difference in my prayers at any of these places.
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 28 Nov '09 08:04 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

What is odd in this ? Why should non hindues go to Guruvayoor and non Muslims go to Mecca ? For sight seeing ? Temples, churches or mosques are not tourists places. People come there for worshipping and non and nons do not worship at these places. Nons may have different faiths and beliefs. They stand on two boats. Faith and belief should be firm. I admire the Guruvayoor temple admn. and Mecca for this rigid stands. However, none of these help anybody to come close to the Almighty God as these are traditions. The only way to worship God is pray to Him in Spirit and Truth and there is no particular place for this.
Answered by vini joseph, 28 Nov '09 07:20 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

Not only in guruvayoor in most temples only those who believe in Hindu religion are allowed,and I do not feel anything wrong in it In mecca also those who have converted into islam are permitted - these are rules of the religions which is better lfet for their leaders to decide
Answered by rajnikant raiyarela, 28 Nov '09 07:12 pm

(1)
 (1)
7.

In indinesia even hindu outsiders-non resident hindus are not allowed to enter ram temple
Answered by Pardeep kapoor, 28 Nov '09 07:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Some religion carries with them some PRINCIPLES of their own carried forward from generation to generation. And such principles cant be either overruled or eliminated in generations ahead.....
Answered by Heller, 28 Nov '09 07:12 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Mecca is the only place for muslims... Guruvayoor is just one of the religious places for Hindus... There ar emany other places like tirupati, Vaishnodevi, badrinath, amarnath, kedarnath, etc.. where everyone is allowed..
it is not a fair comparison..
Answered by TheWicked wizard, 28 Nov '09 07:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

It has been so since ages
Answered by anil garg, 28 Nov '09 09:25 pm

(0)
 (0)