Q.

According to HM confirmation of death penalty to Kasab has enhanced the prestige of Indias legal system. Do you agree or disagree with this? Why?

Tags: death penalty, news & events, politics & government
Asked by Good Citizen, 22 Feb '11 02:30 pm

1.

1) I do not understand the logic behind his statement. He seems to suggest that Indian legal system is perfect now which is not true. HM is duplicitous. He is well aware that there are no laws against the act of terrorism in India. Despite that he expects the judiciary to hang the Pak terrorist.
2) Moreover, Judiciary simply does not need his endorsement. Since the act of terrorism has been caught by the CCTV cameras and the media as well as the brazen manner in which Pak terrorists boasted about it, Judiciary need not look farther for evidence to hang Kasab.
3) I do agree with Hemant Mehta that despite the death penalty for Kasab, HM and his GOI are not going to hang him. They would use him to gain a few votes in the next general election.
Answered by Tony Fernandez, 22 Feb '11 10:52 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I do agree with thus bit at the same time I have my apprehensions that the Congress govt. will never ever hang Kasab due to vote bank politics anf the HM's statement may just be an eyewash.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 22 Feb '11 02:33 pm

(1)
 (1)
3.

India's legal system has been one of the best as far as justice is concerned. The main drawback has been inordinate delay in arriving at it making many feel " justice delayed is justice denied" . If efficiency (defined as speed and accuracy) is maintained by our judicial system it will be like fragrance to gold. Also, let our administrators wake up from their slumber to execute the punishment to the guilty in good earnest and in minimum time. Jai Hind.
Answered by Arakuzha Ramachandran, 22 Feb '11 05:39 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I agree to H.M.s observation ,but our legal system requires certain urgent reforms requiring speedy disposal of the cases pending and the system should be revamped and investigative and judicial bodies and agencies should be better tuned up to dispense justice and handling cases involving anti national stances .Legal reforms are need of the hour .We should not be feeling proud of out outmoded legal machinery which is still the vestige of the British legacy and political control of our CBI and other agencies vested with prosecuting powers largely under the political control .Will Mr.P.C . could voice about the closure of Quterachi case .
Answered by venkatesaldevarajan, 22 Feb '11 05:32 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

I agree . What he meant is the trial has been fair and impartial and thats why enhancement of prestige . He also meant that the same thing is not happening in Pakistan wherein the similar cases r long pending and being dragged with prejudices .
Answered by sk singh, 22 Feb '11 03:01 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Looking at vote bank can congress hang him.
what about afsal guru n other
Answered by pramod rajapurkar, 22 Feb '11 02:35 pm

(1)
 (0)