Q.

LIFE STYLE : Are you a follower/player of any Sport?
Is it an Indoor Game,or an Outdoor Game?
Do you follow it religiously?
Have you achieved any distinction ever (say at school or college level) in Sports?

Tags: money, relationships, style
Asked by shintsie, 28 Mar '10 10:24 pm

1.

Me lived,ate and dreamed basketball a long time back. Was an ardent player and amply hooked to NBA super league and playoffs, forever so it seemed. Alas LIFEs other priorities ate up all me love for sport. Its been months since me have even entered a court. To offset me sport buff I did try to tune meself to cricket when me landed in India but it turned out very boring at first. Neways me am working at getting attuned to the same having watched the IPL opening ceremony in stadia. Lets hope the basket swaps places with the bails.
Answered by Saj Sierra, 30 Mar '10 07:49 pm

(1)
 (2)
2.

I am a great fan of football..after all i am a Bengali.. ete ki aar aashchorjo byapar.. :-) My favourite teams are Man U and Bayern Muenchen. I am looking forward to the World Cup football to be held in SA this year and I am rooting for Germany.
I follow all the major international football tournaments. I used to like tennis once because Steffi used to play then. Amongst the men players I was a fan of John Newcombe and Roy Emerson. ( both Australians).
In school I stuck to volleyball...that was the only game I liked to play.
Answered by joyoti sen, 29 Mar '10 08:25 pm

(1)
 (1)
3.

I am a fan of basketball, tennis and chess. But unless otherwise played between two good teams or players no sports can evoke interest. I often see NPA basketball games and my current favorite in Tennis are Rafael Nadal and Steffi Graf. And my chess interest is wholly due to the great Viswanathan Anand.
I admire Koneru Humby , Vijaya Lakshmi also.
I have won some 8 tournaments in chess.
I am surprisingly not interested in Cricket, Hockey or Football .
Answered by Josna, 29 Mar '10 05:33 pm

(1)
 (1)
4.

Four questions, one answer..... a- not regular player, but regular follower of Women Tennis,/b-Outdoor (covered -indoor- when rains),/c-yes all the top five :AO, WWLDN, US, French, ......... ,/d-played at state level in NE indian combined states.
Answered by miss qna, 28 Mar '10 10:31 pm

(5)
 (0)
5.

Well Shintz, I Was a Cricketer before becoming an Engineer, Played for my school and college as well. Even in my earlier jobs I used to play for their teams.
Till sometimes back I used to follow the game religiously but not now as it has become a showoff and not played in the correct of the Game. Once it was a Gentlemens Game. But it is more of a business, and as far as possible I try to keep myself away!!
But at the same time I cannt waive off my sons interest in that, so sometimes I watch it with him - on TV, that too the real cricket - the Test cricket..and the Onedayers..
In my school and college days Many times I have won the game for our Team and My HM in my school had a soft corner for me!! :-)))
Answered by Sundar Rajan, 29 Mar '10 10:14 pm

(1)
 (4)
6.

I am interested in everything that life holds for me. I have played almost all the indoor and outdoor games from marbles, gili danda to cricket, from table tennis to chess. But I was very good at playing badminton. In our days , a single person used to play with doubles also and it was the best workout for me.
Answered by kishore malhotra, 29 Mar '10 09:46 am

(1)
 (4)
7.

I am a sports fan, I was never a player.My favourite sports are soccer and cricket. Soccer is right on top of my list. I remember my mother who was a good sportsperson in her school and college days taking us to the local stadium to watch an annual soccer tournament here. Many good soccer clubs from Kolkata and Goa used to take part in the tournament. She was a Mohun Bagan fan while my brother and I were fans of the Goan teams like Vasco and Dempo.

I also started following The EPL on BBC and still follow it. My favourite EPL club is Liverpool FC. I also follow the National League in India and the Spanish( La Liga) and Italian( Serie A) leagues.

I have been viewing the Soccer World Cup and the European Championships on TV ever sine they started showing it in India. My favourite soccer team is Argentina and my current favourite player is Lionel Messi and all time favourite is Diego Maradona.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 30 Mar '10 02:10 pm

(1)
 (2)
8.

Both, Lawn tennis and table tennis... preferably; 6 days a week N I
Answered by Praveen Kapur, 30 Mar '10 12:52 am

(1)
 (2)
9.

I like to play cricket , I played during college and school, not so expert but received one certificate from
A Wadekar,
Answered by vilas manohar deshpande, 29 Mar '10 08:31 pm

(1)
 (2)
10.

I am a jack of all and master of none in sports. I played cricket, I played table tennis, Played hockey and football too. I tried to play Lawn tennis once. But the service always went in the net. or out of the ground. My coach tried to teach me in a systematic manner. Except the service I was doing better. Once in a rally, at deuce, I returned a shot that was so meek, one of the spectators laughed loudly. Then in the next rally I got a higher up and I hammered it for a shot so heavily, it landed straight on the girl who had laughed. I lost the game, and then some money too, which I had to spend to pacify that girl.. Since then I have not played Tennis. Cards I play but that is only in a train.
When I was a small boy, we were asked to study more and play less. The result ? India lost a great player !
Answered by subhash, 29 Mar '10 09:02 am

(1)
 (2)

Q.

As one of the 20th century's most respected and influential people, Billie Jean King has long been a champion for social change and equality. She crea..more

Answered by anil garg