Q.

Which is your favorite ghost story and favorite film song associated with a ghost?

Tags: music, books, entertainment
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 08 Oct '09 03:30 pm

1.

Muktha, you may find it very difficult to digest but it is the fact that `Ghost` concept has very much in vogue in England, more than what we believe here in India. In Shakespearean literature you can easily spot importance of ghosts and their actual participation in plays as if they were holding a key place in the lives of main characters. In that line, I have read numerous stories of ghosts as they gave me ample place to study the concerned history too. Not only with imagery figures we detect in fictional works, but in English history, there are many incidences of spotting the `Ghosts` and they too have played a major part in shaping up the stream of history.
Answered by Indra Pawar, 09 Oct '09 03:00 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

M Night Shayamalan's THE SIXTH SENSE is one ghost movie,which has left a deep impact on my sensibilities. It is a movie worth watching purely for the fairly unpredictable twist at the end of the film. However, the whole movie is heart wrenchingly emotional,sensitive and clever too.
Child psychologist Malcolm Crowe,played by Bruce Willis, is about get it on with his wife, to celebrate an award he just received, when he is shot by one of his former patients (who immediately takes his own life). Crowe blames himself for failing the patient, and his career takes a downward turn as he alienates his wife. He soon finds a chance to make amends when he run across a small boy who displays the same psychiatric symptoms his former patient did. This time, Crowe is determined to set things right.
Answered by shintsie, 09 Oct '09 05:04 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Hi Muktha,Thanks for a very interesting Q as Ghost stories are related to some mystery and it inspires our minds also to do some research.Well my selection of story is about a film which is know to our every kerala hosehold because of the fame and popularity it created arousing every one's mind ,not only in Keral but in whole India and abroad ,too and the movie is one and only the famous ," MANICHITRA TAZHU" which means an Ornamented Lock, normally which is used on big wodden carved doors with brass decorations seen in ancient ,traditional kerala homes.

Manichitra tazhu ,was directed by renowned Director FAZIL and written by MADHUMUTTAM.The writer was influnced by a tragedy which took place in the Travancore Royal family in 19th century. the movie is based on a Psycho-thriller plot.The populaity of the movie inspired other movie makers to remake it in Tamil,Hindi ,Bengali and other regional languages.Unfortunately these remade movies could make it into the standards of Manichitrt ...more
Answered by Rachana, 09 Oct '09 03:16 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

20Saal baath! and the title song!
Answered by MajorVLoganathan, 08 Oct '09 03:33 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Neither I believe in ghost and nor the ghost story. Many a times I have passed alone at midnight during my childhood nearby Kabristan and Samshan.
Answered by ajay, 09 Oct '09 04:15 pm

(1)
 (1)
6.

Many Tamil movies including Chandramukhi-Then in Hollywood-Wolf series and Exorcist
Answered by SriniVenkat, 08 Oct '09 03:34 pm

(1)
 (1)
7.

Gumnaam hai koi
Answered by anil garg, 29 Nov '09 11:54 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

I remember watching movies like Poltergeist and Exorcist and enjoyed them.Even Hindi movies like Bees Saal Baad were enjoyable. The ghost thrillers of these days like Raaz, Krishna Cottage were pathetically funny, nothing eerie about them. I never got scared by watching any ghost stories because I never believe in ghosts.They are just figments of the imagination.

As for favorite movie song associated with a ghost I like the following

Lag ja gale from Woh Koun Thi
Naina barse from Woh Koun Thi
Gumnaam Hai koi from Gumnaam
Kahin deep jale kahin dil from Bees Saal Baad

All four have been beautifully sing by Lataji
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 12 Oct '09 02:16 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I have never heard a believable ghost story in my life... fortunately for me or otherwise I am not sure. Most of the ghost stories that I have read or seen in movies are either too funny or too boring for me. I couldn't make myself believe any of them.
Still I can't forget "ayega aane wala . . . from Hindi film Mahal starring Madhubala and Ashok Kumar.
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 09 Oct '09 04:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

As a young girl i used to be terrified by ghost stories....still am in fact and this fear was gleefully exploited by my cousins whenever we wud meet in our native during summer holidays. We had a huge but old house in our native with lot of trees around and every nite we would sit together and each one wud narrate stories and invariably most of them wud be ghost stories and i wud desperately want to leave the group and yet be morbidly rooted to the spot wanting to listen to those eerie stories :) There were two stories that i remember very well....

One was abt a man who kills an old lady for her jewels and he removes her heart, liver & kidney and hides them. One night this guy is walking alone in the dark he hears footsteps behind him and when he turns he just hears a eerie whisper "heart, liver, kidney" i am walking behind u......this guy walks faster and the footsteps too come closer and the whisper is more stronger "heart liver kidney, I am right behind you"....and this goes ...more
Answered by sumitha, 08 Oct '09 08:22 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Prakash Padukone Profile Achievements: Won the national senior title consecutively for nine years; won the gold at the 1979 Commonwealth Games; won th..more

Answered by Jairam Kshirasagar